Aston Villa vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to be pretty happy with that win! Deco and Drogba had great, strong games. Ballack at the moment is the weak link for me. I think when Essien comes back it will be the end for Ballack. Go the Blues!

Ballack... The weak link? did you SEE how much work he did! He was F*cking running his arse off doing more work than most people on the park!

--

I was very suprised with Drogba, he played very well the first half, but did die down in the second, and I like have Anelka and Drogba on, cause now Anelka can do what he wants and always have someone up front.

Mikel had a very good game, he did everything right, and that stupid bloody call where Young hit the bar was bullsh*t and not his fault.

Anelka's goal was a true goal scorers goal. I can bet you any amount of money, that most people on the park would not have scored that, and would have just blasted it to the keeper.

Oh, and well done Lampard, nice play ;)

From what I saw, I'd say we're going back to trying to win 1-0. Score then grind the game down and make sure the other team doesn't score, because the second half, Chelsea almost had nothing. 

I was really hoping to see Quaresma... Cause I unable to see the previous games with him. Shame... I was hoping for Kalou off, Quaresma on.

The biggest thing worrying me at the moment, is Cech, he is really off form, he did make some good saves, but I think, and lots of people I know, all think that he is coming out too far, and it's looking dangerous. but he got the clean sheet, so I can say nothing, for now.

By the way, leave Ballack alone, he's doing so much that you don't actually see, one minute he is on the right flank, then the next he on the other side defending, then back again. He does so much work that it seems most of you dont see :(

:lol:

I think for the neutral it would have been an excellent game to watch between two massive teams. However, for us in the second half, it was like having teeth pulled out. In yesterday's game we saw both sides of Chelsea - the wonderful attacking prowess of Lampard and Anelka and Drogba in particular showed we still have the ability to open teams up, before our defensive display in the second half was typical of the Mourinho Chelsea.

I think the team played very well, in all honesty.

Petr Cech looked a little nervous early on, his kicking was wayward and he flapped at a cross or two, but really kept us in the game in the second half with two decent stops and a couple of good catches under pressure. He organised his defence well but there were points in the game where he showed his recent lack of form. Jose Bosingwa was average at best - he was a decent attacking outlet but he really should have finished the opportunity he had in the second half. Left the defence exposed on a number of occasions, leaving Alex against Young and Agbonlahor - however he did manage to keep both of those players contained in an improved second half performance. Alex was excellent, and despite being beaten once or twice in the air by Heskey, I think he did very well to contain the big striker as well as Carew when he came on. He was a threat going forward and fashioned a chance or two from set-pieces and from open play. John Terry was exceptional. Defended valiantly throughout and organised the defence effectively. A proper captain's performance, on another day he might have had two goals but for a brilliant save and some very alert defending by Friedel and Petrov respectively. Excellent performance from the skipper. Paulo Ferreira looked really out of sorts, and his lack of football recently was apparent in the first half when his lack of understanding with his teammates almost cost us when Heskey stole the ball from him. However he was much better in the second half and put in a typically solid shift at the back. Made an important tackle of Agbonlahor in the first half which stopped a potential break. Michael Ballack was probably the weak link, although he did put in a very workman-like performance. Did some stellar defending but he was terrible in an attacking sense, choosing the wrong pass at the wrong time. However, Frank Lampard proved why he is not only Chelsea's best player but arguably the best midfielder in world football. A piece of absolute genius for Anelka's goal, the first touch was exquisite, the second delightful, and the pass was wonderfully weighted into Anelka's path. Deserved a goal on that performance. John Mikel Obi frustrates me. He can put in an exceptional tackle one minute and then make a simple but effective pass into the attacking third, before giving away needless freekicks. He's simply in a slump at the minute - I hope he can recapture his early season form sooner or later. Salomon Kalou was decent, but his performance was far from that of the previous weekend against Watford. Made a couple of decent runs and also defended quite well, but he was very quiet in the first half, although his cool head in possession got us out of a couple of tricky situations. Didier Drogba was fantastic, if you ask me. Maybe not the sort of Drogba we are used to, ie. banging away goals and flicking every long ball on, but not only was he effective at causing disarray in the Villa defence, but he was brilliant in defence as well. He made one exceptional block from Milner that could easily have gone in. An excellent performance from the Ivorian. Nicolas Anelka delighted me with his movement, and he was our major attacking outlet - whenever Drogba came back to defend, Anelka would be out wide ready to make a run at the defence. Took his chance beautifully and a deserved 21st goal of the season for the Frenchman may well spark a late charge for the title - although those hopes are fading quickly. Deco came on and was excellent if you ask me - some delightful runs and his passing was excellent also. He kept a cool head going forward and always played the right pass. Juliano Belletti barely touched the ball when coming on the 89th minute so I can't really do much except sing his name whilst dancing around like a lunatic :lol:

I dont think Ballacks efforts are good enough, okay he does cover a lot of ground on the pitch, statistics have proved that but what exactly does he contribute to the game? Sloppy passes, lazy casual attitude - may seem harsh but Ballack came to Chelsea for his pension.

Who is the commentator on MOTD. I always forget his name. He is the Voice of FIFA games B)

Drogbarrrr..Dider Drogbarrrr where the hell does the R come from lol

Our defence looked less crazy then in recent weeks so woo some good blocks going on and good to see some posts being marked :D

Yeh the second half esp during added time was just ahh ahh ahh end it now!!!!