EURO 2024

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they were one of my top picks pre tourney, as a dark horse (if they can be that)

Portugal can be brilliant one day and horseshit on another, not consistent enough for me, i still can’t believe we lost to Morroco in the last world cup, specially after beating the swiss 6-1. They fooled everyone

Edited by Johnnyeye

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

Portugal can be brilliant one day and horseshit on another, not consistent enough for me, i still can’t believe we lost to Morroco in the last world cup.

Won’t win anything with Martinez 

9 minutes ago, Beorn said:

Won’t win anything with Martinez 

I have a different take on Portugal. Think it’s more about unbalance with the players avail than manager imo. Esp physically — good skillful players who struggle in physical games. Ronaldo used to help with that, but not so much anymore.

same way people expected things that the Belgium players couldn’t deliver. Easy to look at Martinez — national teams all have mediocre managers. It’s a leveled playing field.

3 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I have a different take on Portugal. Think it’s more about unbalance with the players avail than manager imo. Esp physically — good skillful players who struggle in physical games. Ronaldo used to help with that, but not so much anymore.

same way people expected things that the Belgium players couldn’t deliver. Easy to look at Martinez — national teams all have mediocre managers. It’s a leveled playing field.

Italy had Mancini , a PL and serie A winner against fraudgate last time , that won them the cup vs a better squad 

Just now, Beorn said:

Italy had Mancini , a PL and serie A winner against fraudgate last time , that won them the cup vs a better squad 

Sure im not claiming the manager and the work/prep does not matter, just that often that’s not the only factor at play.

i thought Morocco did some very specific things which made Portugal players very uncomfortable, and I believe that’s fairly reproducible. Getting the ball in the air a lot for 50/50s would work well against them, for ex.

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Palmer HAS to start the next game

I’m the one who says “better” is usually relative when comparing players as you almost always lose something to gain something else.

not here tho. 😆 there is really nothing that Saka does better than Palmer on the pitch. 

Edited by robsblubot

39 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Maybe they copy Greece from 2004?

Greece was better than the other teams in 2004.
Only one match we parked the bus against Czechoslovakia.
Germany-Netherlands-Italy did not exist that year. England were good but they went out early to France and Greece beat France.