Scolari: All The Chelsea Players Love Me

Steve

Scolari: All The Chelsea Players Love Me

There are no problems off the pitch at Chelsea, according to manager Luiz Felipe Scolari.

Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari has hit back at suggestions of dressing room unrest at Stamford Bridge and insisted that he has the respect of all the Blues’ players.

Reports of problems in West London have emerged in recent weeks with Didier Drogba, in particular, speaking out about difficulties at Chelsea yet Scolari insists that life at the club is just fine.

According to The Guardian, the Brazilian claims his players love him and is quick to explain exactly why.

“The players love me,” he said, “Why? Because I never criticise them. If we make a mistake I never point at a player and say you are wrong, I say it is our mistake. I defend my players every day and I give my best every day. They don’t come into my office and say ‘Phil, oh, I love you’ but I can feel it. You don’t need your son or wife to say I love you every day for you to know it’s true.”

Yet Chelsea have appeared unconvincing on the pitch in recent weeks with draws against West Ham United, Fulham and Everton in their last four games.

The Blues have particularly struggled at home where they have managed only one win in three games at Stamford Bridge but Scolari insisted they were working hard to rectify this problem.

“How can I be a good manager away but not good at Stamford Bridge? It’s not possible,” he said before adding, “We have been working very hard in training at finding more space at home and the problem should be resolved.”

Chelsea’s home form and team unity will be under scrutiny once again today as they face Southend United in the third round of the FA Cup.

Source: Goal

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I never criticise them. If we make a mistake I never point at a player and say you are wrong, I say it is our mistake.

maybe you should...

I swear he's losing it some of the things he's supposed to of said

maybe you should...

I swear he's losing it some of the things he's supposed to of said

He needs to start knocking a few heads together imo. If players are getting away with fucking up they need to be told. They're big boys and should be able to take the criticism.

Totally agree with both of you, he is being to soft on the players he cannot just let them get away with making mistake. Ok its forgivable when a player makes a mistake once and a while but when a player such as Deco gives the ball away consistently they need to get a kick up the backside so they can see where they are going wrong.

Exactly!!!!Half time if we were playing shit Jose go mental and volia completly differnt team would come out the tunnel!

Just stop being nice!!!Start pointing fingers and cristise!Hell look where it got Joe Cole when it was done!They need to know where they've gone wrong so bleh!!!

Thats why they prob love him cause hes to bloody soft!!