Alex: Let me quit

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea defender Alex has reiterated his desire to leave Stamford Bridge when the transfer window reopens in January.

The Brazilian claimed earlier this month he was hoping to find a new club after failing to hold down a regular place in the Blues side.

Chelsea rejected claims that Alex had handed in a transfer request, but the player is adamant he needs to move on in search of regular first-team action.

Panathinaikos and Alex's former club PSV Eindhoven are both believed to be interested in signing the tough-tackling centre-half.

Alex claims he tried to leave the West London club in the summer and he is confident his wish will be granted in January.

"I know it's not the best time to go in January, in the middle of the season. But I have to think about other things, I have to think about my own interests," Alex told The Sun.

"I tried to leave before this season started but when (Luiz Felipe) Scolari arrived they did not want to let me go. I had already spoken to the club before he came. Now that the transfer window will open again in January I will try again. I think this time it will happen."

Difficult

The 26-year-old admitted the form and partnership of John Terry and Ricardo Carvalho made it difficult for him to establish himself in the Chelsea starting XI.

"It's a difficult situation for me. I have nothing against the manager but he has two great defenders in Terry and Carvalho. I have nothing against the guys who are playing - they are always very good," added Alex.

"Chelsea have one of the best defences in the world. Terry and Carvalho are doing very well. They don't make many mistakes and have been playing together for four years."

Alex insists he has no problems with Blues boss Scolari and that he is only seeking to leave so that he can play on a regular basis.

"It wasn't a question of whether the new manager was Brazilian, it was always going to be difficult for me," he added.

"There are big clubs where I could be playing while here it's more difficult for me. There are so many big clubs who need centre-backs. There were so many offers in the summer but they did not let me go.

"The only problem is I want to play, that's the only problem I have."

Instead of moaning that Carvalho and Terry are the first two choices, he could have used the time that Carvalho was out to play his best and impress. And whats the source you bad boy ?

But I think he has done pretty well. Problem is, he's not a Carvalho type defender, so Carvalho will always slot back in when fit. If it was Terry out, and Terry wasn't captain, then he'd have a real chance. But as it is, just let him go. We don't NEED him, not when he's back up and we also have Ivanovic and Mancienne.

Have to agree with that Elliot.

As it stands now, with all the direct quotes from him, it looks as if he's going. I suppose we shouldve guessed he didnt really fancy the job when he wanted to turn around at the airport. If he's ready to go so soon, without any fight for a place at all, then fuck him, we dont need him.

Mind you, whats with all this about Roman's involvement? Why doesnt the bloke just whack a donkey jacket on and get his arse on the touchline every week ffs?