Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

First half was poor, second half he improved a lot. Was very solid imo. They could not get past him.

Two things

a) he stopped being completely complacent with sky high ego and nonchalant with everything he does

b ) Hull City run out of gas, they didn't press so one of biggest weaknesses of Ivanovic wasn't exploited

Still, good second half but his performance in the first was unexplainable. How the hell you can be so complacent without respect to an opponent when you're fighting for the title and your rivals won their respective matches ?? This alone deserves some big punishment.

Another thing his absolutely loss of any decent acceleration, sure he wasn't sprinter in any moment of his career, but now he's definitely on a steady regression with his physique therefore he can't press opponent for his life and that's a big problem . When Jose picks that up ? If we want to play pressing game and be efficient in that, you can't play him, simple as that.

According to german media,Bayern want Ivanovic

Read the article in Bild through Google translate and indeed they say Guardiola has found Ivanovic as the perfect replacement for Rafinha, but at the same time they say Ivanovic is showing interest in their offer, too. Is the translation accurate? Do they really say Ivanovic is showing signs that he'd be willing to join Bayern?

Read the article in Bild through Google translate and indeed they say Guardiola has found Ivanovic as the perfect replacement for Rafinha, but at the same time they say Ivanovic is showing interest in their offer, too. Is the translation accurate? Do they really say Ivanovic is showing signs that he'd be willing to join Bayern?

I don't think Bild is a reliable source and moreover, why would Guardiola want a defender that is as limited as Ivanovic? He doesn't exactly suit his style of play, does he?

The heading of the article says : Ivanovic wants to join Bayern.

I can't believe that, because it wouldn't make sense for Ivanovic and he is happy at Stamford Bridge given he is a nailed on starter under Mourinho. That being said Bild is the german equivalent of the Daily Mail so we shouldn't read much into it.

I don't think Bild is reliable source and moreover, why would Guardiola want a defender that is as limited as Ivanovic? He doesn't exactly suit his style of play, does he?

I remember someone (German) saying once that Bild are the closest media outlet to Bayern. I don't know why Guardiola would want him. Maybe he sees him as a perfect fit in his three-man defence, who knows. As a right centre-back, with Boateng in the middle and Badstuber as a left centre-back. Heard he rates Badstuber very highly and thinks he is one of the best ball playing defenders in the world.

I remember someone (German) saying once that Bild are the closest media outlet to Bayern. I don't know why Guardiola would want him. Maybe he sees him as a perfect fit in his three-man defence, who knows. As a right centre-back, with Boateng in the middle and Badstuber as a left centre-back. Heard he rates Badstuber very highly and thinks he is one of the best ball playing defenders in the world.

Yes,Bild says that Guardiola wants Ivanovic and Ivanovic is ready to listen to their offers.

Also,you are right that Bild is reliable,when it comes to Bayern.Apart from Bayern,they are most likely to talk BS about everything else

Bayern may play with a 3-man defence but it's a high line defence and Ivanovic doesn't do well in that kind of system.

Haha could you imagine? Mourinho's untouchable and beloved Ivanovic leaving him for Guardiola. That would be hilarious (and very good for our defence too).

It would be more hilarious to see the 2 best coaches in the world fighting for Ivanovic, and at the same time we look at this thread and some of the great genius in here think Ivanovic is not good enough. LOL

Haha could you imagine? Mourinho's untouchable and beloved Ivanovic leaving him for Guardiola. That would be hilarious (and very good for our defence too).

Ivanovic in a Pep team alone would be hilarious! His technique on the ball is terrible even next to Ramires, imagine how out of place he would looks next to the Bayern players :lol:

It would be more hilarious to see the 2 best coaches in the world fighting for Ivanovic, and at the same time we look at this thread and some of the great genius in here think Ivanovic is not good enough. LOL

Assuming these incredibly unlikely rumours were to ever come to fruition then Ivanovic would be signed as a decent, experienced (and free) squad option but that's about it. Do you really think the likes of Guardiola and Simeone would make Ivanovic an 'untouchable'? They're not personally infatuated with him the way Jose is so no chance. The truth is that Ivanovic is neither intelligent nor technical nor athletic so he wouldn't fit either of those two managers' philosophies anyway.

Oh and I'm interested in hearing your excuse for his first half performance yesterday or that against Southampton or that against PSG (or every game pretty much). Willian's fault for not doing all his defending for him? Damn you Willian!

Assuming these incredibly unlikely rumours were to ever come to fruition then Ivanovic would be signed as a decent, experienced (and free) squad option but that's about it. Do you really think the likes of Guardiola and Simeone would make Ivanovic an 'untouchable'? They're not personally infatuated with him the way Jose is so no chance. The truth is that Ivanovic is neither intelligent nor technical nor athletic so he wouldn't fit either of those two managers' philosophies anyway.

Oh and I'm interested in hearing your excuse for his first half performance yesterday or that against Southampton or that against PSG (or every game pretty much). Willian's fault for not doing all his defending for him? Damn you Willian!

AH now they are unlikely rumours... things changed a lot in 15 minutes...

I'm more interested to know your opinion about the game of FIlipe Luis in this last game...

No they are not... like for example when Guardiola used Tello in the title game in 2011/2012 and in other games... and he played like shit in almost every game.

You know... when you know nothing about things... it's better you don't talk about it.