Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

I'm still annoyed over that stupid foul he committed which lead to a goal the other day. It's not the first time he's done that this ssn either

Agree. He seems to have an agenda to commit at least one foul in that exact same spot every game and eventually it was going to lead to set-piece trouble.

is there no talk yet of Ivanovic getting a new contract :angry:

why should there be. he is 31 and has a year left on his contract. like our policy for other 30+ year olds, he should be on a year rolling contract based on what the management or the board wants.

Ivanovic was partly at fault for the goal as well. It was his lazy pass and subsequent challenge that gave a needless free kick away.

Sure he gave the foul away but the players we had in the box are big enough and bad enough to defend a set play better than that, especially Mikel who was beaten by the slightest bit of movement, it was really poor that. Hardly as if it it was mainly Branislav's fault, even when you say partly his fault I feel inclined to disagree with that. Everyone commits fouls... and 9 times out of 10 we would of defended that set play better.

Sure he gave the foul away but the players we had in the box are big enough and bad enough to defend a set play better than that, especially Mikel who was beaten by the slightest bit of movement, it was really poor that. Hardly as if it it was mainly Branislav's fault, even when you say partly his fault I feel inclined to disagree with that. Everyone commits fouls... and 9 times out of 10 we would of defended that set play better.

Obviously we should have defended that set piece better and everyone does commit fouls but you do not want to give away cheap and silly ones. Ivanovic's foul on Lallana certainly falls into that category. It was just so lazy and nonchalant from him, the way he tries to clear the ball and then pull Lallana when he lost it.

If he was to leave this summer to join Bayern or something who should we get as replacement?

Dave RB and Luis LB as regular? Maybe Rafinha since he will be binned by Bayern if Ivan comes? or Dave RB and a new LB?

If he was to leave this summer to join Bayern or something who should we get as replacement?

Dave RB and Luis LB as regular? Maybe Rafinha since he will be binned by Bayern if Ivan comes? or Dave RB and a new LB?

Ideally I would like to see this.

But I would be equally happy with Clyne as RB and Azpi as LB if Luis is off back to Atletico.

Obviously we should have defended that set piece better and everyone does commit fouls but you do not want to give away cheap and silly ones. Ivanovic's foul on Lallana certainly falls into that category. It was just so lazy and nonchalant from him, the way he tries to clear the ball and then pull Lallana when he lost it.

Well its either foul him or let him run past him and there is a more probable chance of Lallana creating a goal than us conceding one from a free kick in my eyes. I think 9 times out of 10 we defend it very well.

Well its either foul him or let him run past him and there is a more probable chance of Lallana creating a goal than us conceding one from a free kick in my eyes. I think 9 times out of 10 we defend it very well.

It wasn't just that it was a stupid foul (which I think it clearly was). It was his nonchalant-ness in how he lost the ball too. He shouldn't lose the ball like that. Either let it out for a corner or kick it wide. If you can't clear it easily out or to the side, you concede a corner. Simple defending. Something he has a lot of trouble with at times.

The obvious option which you are leaving out is to deal with the ball when Lallana was still 10 meters away. Clear it down the line, clear it for a throw in, heck even let it go out for a corner. Instead he tried to dribble past Lallana a the edge of our own box with no one covering him so when he did lose the ball he had to commit a stupid foul.

He's going nowhere, Ivanovic is a Chelsea legend in the making

There is more chance of Rui Faria leaving to be Barca manager than Azpi getting moved from LB any time soon.

There's a reason we are getting linked with Clyne and not any left back's.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3100459/Chelsea-given-Thai-welcome-arrive-Bangkok-post-season-friendly.html

How can I find a better striker than Diego Costa? A better midfielder than Matic? A better right-back than Ivanovic?
:ph34r: