Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

Would Duran even make sense now? We need a striker who comes is the unquestioned #1 option who pushes Jackson to become his backup. Duran doesn’t come in and displace Nico. He’s another project player which isn’t what we need. We have to get someone who from day 1 you slot into the XI and they’re ready to start banging then in.

If we get anyone it HAS to be either Osimhen or Toney at this stage. Toney would be really underwhelming for me but makes more sense than Duran for THIS season. 

We’ve got enough developmental projects. Get the finished article already!

What I want is some 28 year old gem scoring for fun in Denmark or China to come prove his worth with a climbing up mentality, form and confidence of a best in league striker. I don’t care if unproven at top level, so long as proven as the best among a league. Even Slovenia’s league, they must have someone who can of course come in and just have an instant, maintained top level. It’s just about true scouting and player profiling. Which I’ve not seen yet. Everyone we have signed is either already a name, or from a very visible club. There will be some Drogba regens kicking about here and there failing to trigger some stat metric or ethos policy so not being considered. City a good example again of Who Is That oh shit they’re good. 

𝘽𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙆𝙄𝙉𝙂: Newcastle are edging closer to reaching agreement with Crystal Palace for Marc Guéhi.

Further talks were held over the last 24 hours, and a package of £65m + add-ons is likely to see a deal struck.

[@SkySports_Keith]

No Disasi for Newcastle😟😟

Guehi is good but 65m … 

probably better spent than on disasi, too bad even the Saudis run their club more smartly than clownlake do . 
at least we get the sell On fee 

Once more we bought a player at the career peak of his valuation after his wc cameo and will now need to sell him for peanuts. Expect the same will happen to Mudryk, fofana, Enzo, caicedo. Buy high sell low the mantra for clownlake 

24 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Guehi is good but 65m … 

probably better spent than on disasi, too bad even the Saudis run their club more smartly than clownlake do . 
at least we get the sell On fee 

Once more we bought a player at the career peak of his valuation after his wc cameo and will now need to sell him for peanuts. Expect the same will happen to Mudryk, fofana, Enzo, caicedo. Buy high sell low the mantra for clownlake 

It’s an insane amount of money for Guehi. He’s a solid CB but nothing more. 

13 hours ago, Pizy said:

Disagree. True that Felix isn’t going to be consistently excellent over the course of a 50+ game season or whatever we’ll play but I still think capable of being a match winning quality player much more often than Cherki would be. 

Tbh, I really don’t know why I see quite a few of our fans complaining about the fee we’ve paid for Felix. If we had spent completely obscene money like £65m or more then yes, that would be insane. But £44m for someone who’s just 24 and has world class talent (not saying he’s a world class player because he hasn’t been consistent enough) is great business in my eyes. 

You can’t even get slightly above average English attackers from PL clubs for that amount these days. Spuds paid nearly £50m for Brennan Johnson for instance and Felix is 5x the player he is.

World class talent is a big stretch… particularly now when he’s played maybe 7 seasons and had two real stand out ones (first at Benfica and one for Atletico where he was POTY maybe 3/4 years ago?). Usually by 24 players are a bit further along, lot more consistent and starting to properly develop as players as they look to progress into their peak years 26/27. His trajectory and development is anything but that.

I don’t see him doing much because he is a luxury player. Can’t afford to have them sort of players in modern day football if you want to be an elite team. Maybe as an impact player perhaps? When games open up and theres a lot of tired legs space? His record in big games is also poor for Atletico & Barca - think in all the quarter finals, semi finals and finals he’s played in he has never scored or assisted (was on a Sky article). 

Just because an English player cost £50m, doesn’t necessarily mean £46m for Felix is a good deal. If we knew what we were getting every week I could see the logic, but like Mudryk, Noni, Raheem, Nicolas Jackson… Joao is another one in that collection of inconsistent and frustrating. I mean he already showed that in a 6 month loan spell here. Even more, he isn’t naturally a winger which is where many expect him to play, square peg round hole etc.

Maybe the penny drops here but generally cannot see it. And if he comes with the same sort of attitude towards off the ball work he did at Atletico, he isn’t going to last very long as Maresca wants us to be a high pressing team by the sounds of it.

Edited by OneMoSalah

7 hours ago, Stats said:

Yes, I am. I get it his statement, was not ideal, but realistically, would the situation have changed in any case? No. He effectively has been told you have just over a week to find a new team or rot in reserves or go to Saudi. He won't go Saudi nor will he stay I am sure. Pretty sure, some agreement will happen over his wages, where he will take a paycut. If this is Maresca's decision then fair enough but just feels for me a lot of this is driven from the board and Maresca is speaking for them.

Anyway, like I said I will support the team regardless of whatever goes on above, however I do not approve of the owners scattergun strategy. 

On a sidenote, saw a funny thing where someone said it is not worth getting a Chelsea player on the back of your t-shirt, because the chances are by the time it is printed, they will be gone. Besides Palmer, I guess you can say.

Anyway, that being said, I have always liked Neto and think he is a fantastic player. Just think there is a way to be ruthless and having a respectable manner of doing things.

sterling disrespected the club and his teammates few times last season. i dont give a fuck what happens with him. he can rot in the reserves until his contract runs out.

he was supposed to be a leader and a veteran presence for this very young team, but instead of that he was one of the biggest dickheads around.

Fabrizio rehashing the same line about Osimhen we’ve been seeing for like a month now. We are still apparently only willing to do a loan and Osimhen won’t accept that. 

I really wonder what it is specifically about Osimhen that doesn’t have our board/scouts/sporting directors so hesitant to go all-in with Osimhen. We’ve seen a bunch of times in these 2 years that when they narrow in on a player they like they go big and they get the player decisively. 

They know the team needs that top striker, there appears to be no real competition for his services from any other top club, and we can offset a large part of the transfer by selling them the one player we want off our books more than any other. This feels like such a straightforward deal to do and yet we seem to have this “eh, if we get him fine, if we don’t, whatever” sort of stance.

17 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

"It's only for the last days" that is what Romano has just said, so I expect a last day drama, they love a last day drama and I could see this being it

Chelsea may want it that way but will the player? I guess if his options are Chelsea on loan or rot on the bench until January at Napoli perhaps he’ll agree to it. Maybe that’s what our board are putting all their chips on.

The problem with that strategy of course is if another club is also quietly playing the waiting game like we are and offers better, permanent terms rather than a loan proposal and were left with nothing. Or if he just says “fuck this, I’ll just collect my wages and stay until January.”

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Chelsea may want it that way but will the player? I guess if his options are Chelsea on loan or rot on the bench until January at Napoli perhaps he’ll agree to it. Maybe that’s what our board are putting all their chips on.

The problem with that strategy of course is if another club is also quietly playing the waiting game like we are and offers better, permanent terms rather than a loan proposal and were left with nothing. Or if he just says “fuck this, I’ll just collect my wages and stay until January.”

We will have a back up and I think it's Duran, if it looks as though VO is not going to happen I reckon we U turn and go for Duran.

If we fuck this window without a number 9 our season goes with it too, I can't happen again

Arsenal just sold two forward players and they have been relatively quiet this transfer window. We may think we have VO over a barrel and we could be setting up a reduced price for another team to buy instead of a loan.