• Hudson-Odoi
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

i just hope its nothing like the game at the Mestalla last season, we would have won there if not for Kepa. We need to be very careful, Sevilla players will use every dirty trick in the book, it's in spanish teams DNA.

Wouldn't mind taking the same result though!

8 minutes ago, different level said:

We should really come top of the group. Tough draw for the round of 16 is still possible but much less likely. Can you imagine we haven't reached a quarter final and up in CL since 2014?! I remember taking pride in us being the best English team in Europe back in the day, but in the past couple of years we kinda look like Arsenal did with Wenger, getting spanked just after passing the group stage. 

Last year I wasn't too bothered with finishing top as i didnt really fancy our chances Vs anyone of real note over two legs.

This year I really want us to finish top because I believe if we can avoid Bayern we have a huge chance of making the quarters and we desperately need a deep CL run!

2 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

i just hope its nothing like the game at the Mestalla last season, we would have won there if not for Kepa. We need to be very careful, Sevilla players will use every dirty trick in the book, it's in spanish teams DNA.

And the ref as always will oblige no worries there mate.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Wouldn't mind taking the same result though!

Win would be ideal which will mean we can not play all our first choice team in MD6, that plus being out of the cup would give them two free midweeks.

Could be massive in such a season as this.

Just now, Tomo said:

Win would be ideal which will mean we can not play all our first choice team in MD6, that plus being out of the cup would give them two free midweeks.

Could be massive in such a season as this.

A win would of course be great but given the game is at Sevilla, a draw isn't the worst result. Moreover, if Krasnodar are already through to the Europa League or out of the Champions League by then, then they have nothing to play for when they come to the Bridge.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Just half true. Giroud can hold up the ball better than Tammy and win time. He is no use in pressing tho

Think the point is that the opposition defence can push up against us if Giroud is playing upfront because they know he doesn't have the pace to run past them for a ball over the top etc. 

Just now, Jason said:

Think the point is that the opposition defence can push up against us if Giroud is playing upfront because they know he doesn't have the pace to run past them for a ball over the top etc. 

4 4 2?

Giroud and Werner up top

:ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah but the other attackers can. Usually one of the wingers makes the deep run after the long ball anyway