• Jorginho
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

7 minutes ago, Ryebread said:

In all seriousness, maybe he looked tired or off the pace cause he has been made to sit unnecessarily, despite most fans and pundits alike seeing that he has been one of our most creative attacking players. I watched every game closely. In the Southampton and Bournemouth fixtures, he didn’t play bad. They parked the bus and no one fed him the ball. Frank just sits him and puts in CHO who’s done nothing. I’m thinking Frank don’t like Pulisic for some reason. Can’t think of a more logical conclusion 

He started every game for nearly two months.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He started every game for nearly two months.

And was the first sub off the last  3 of 4. I could name 4 other player in each of those games that should have been first. Look at the history of him under Lampard. Word was he was looking for a lone until he grabbed his chance at Burnley. Lampard said to the press that it was his plan to rest him cause he had international duty last summer. I call bollocks on that. Pulisic forced his way into his plans. I’m not saying I am 100% correct. It is just what I gather from the outside. I can’t reconcile it otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, Ryebread said:

And was the first sub off the last  3 of 4. I could name 4 other player in each of those games that should have been first. Look at the history of him under Lampard. Word was he was looking for a lone until he grabbed his chance at Burnley. Lampard said to the press that it was his plan to rest him cause he had international duty last summer. I call bollocks on that. Pulisic forced his way into his plans. I’m not saying I am 100% correct. It is just what I gather from the outside. I can’t reconcile it otherwise. 

Reality is he's an inconsistent 21 year old right now, on form he's a real asset but he still has a bit to learn.

We have to be careful with how we manage/rotate these guys, remember what happened when Conte kept playing Christensen when he had that rut? Something he still hasn't recovered from.

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Reality is he's an inconsistent 21 year old right now, on form he's a real asset but he still has a bit to learn.

We have to be careful with how we manage/rotate these guys, remember what happened when Conte kept playing Christensen when he had that rut? Something he still hasn't recovered from.

I come back to the reality that Lamps has been taking off one of our more dangerous players when we need goals and subbing on an even more inexperienced and more unproven player. I just don’t get it and I have to wonder what he is thinking. 

20 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I understand player management. Normally you don’t sub off a player who looks most like he’s got a goal in him. Pulisic looked to have a goal in him and was taken off. A lot of us saw it that way, yet Frank say Pulisic and Mount look tired. Don’t understand it and the game went to shit from there. That’s all. 

55 minutes ago, Ryebread said:

In all seriousness, maybe he looked tired or off the pace cause he has been made to sit unnecessarily. Most of us, and the pundits alike, have clearly seen  that he has been one of our most creative attacking players. I watched every game closely. In the Southampton and Bournemouth fixtures, he didn’t play bad. They parked the bus and no one fed him the ball. Frank just sits him and puts in CHO who’s done nothing. According to franks own presser, he had a tight groin and not even a pull or a strain, yet didnt even make him available. 2 days later, Puli says on his Twitter he is 100% healthy... something is rotten in Denmark. I’m thinking Frank don’t like Pulisic for some reason. Personality differences or something. Can’t think of a more logical conclusion. Either that or he don’t know what he is doing. 

Pulisic was left out of the Arsenal game as a precaution because of a cramp in his hamstring after the Southampton game. The bit where Pulisic replied he’s “100% healthy” was to a Yahoo article that implied he’s injured - when he isn’t - and maybe out for some time. 

40 minutes ago, Ryebread said:

OMG! I can’t take the nonsense at this hour!

All that loan talk from months ago was BS and was generated by the US media and even some people on here! When Pulisic wasn’t making the team back then, he said he would work hard, prove himself to force his way into the XI, which he eventually did. 
And when you said Pulisic was subbed off in 3 of the last 4, I’m assuming it’s the Lille game? If so, I wouldn’t count that because we were 2-0 up at that point and Lampard wanted to rest him for the following game. 
As for the sub calls, well, I supposed Lampard has his blind spots like every other manager, which is annoying. Willian for example contributed zilch against Brighton and looked dead on his feet with his 3rd game in 7 days and yet wasn’t subbed off. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Think he started 12 consecutive games in all competitions, which I don’t think he managed that at Dortmund.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

OMG! I can’t take the nonsense at this hour!

All that loan talk from months ago was BS and was generated by the US media and even some people on here! When Pulisic wasn’t making the team back then, he said he would work hard, prove himself to force his way into the XI, which he eventually did. 
And when you said Pulisic was subbed off in 3 of the last 4, I’m assuming it’s the Lille game? If so, I wouldn’t count that because we were 2-0 up at that point and Lampard wanted to rest him for the following game. 
As for the sub calls, well, I supposed Lampard has his blind spots like every other manager, which is annoying. Willian for example contributed zilch against Brighton and looked dead on his feet with his 3rd game in 7 days and yet wasn’t subbed off. 

Listen, I simply don’t understand when a manager subs off a player that looks likely most to bag a goal and then says in a presser he looked tired and that is why he was taken off. It’s not nonsense. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Think he started 12 consecutive games in all competitions, which I don’t think he managed that at Dortmund.

Not complaining about starts of a particular player. Complaining about the manager doing counter intuitive things. I support Chelsea. Not a particular player or manager. 

3 minutes ago, Ryebread said:

Listen, I simply don’t understand when a manager subs off a player that looks likely most to bag a goal and then says in a presser he looked tired and that is why he was taken off. It’s not nonsense. 

I wasn’t referring to yesterday’s subs when I said the nonsense bit.