Florent Malouda

BlueLion.

Saw an article about Malouda, which says he is very pleased with his form so far this season. I completely agree - he has picked up his game and his performances have been far more consistent. It was always going to be hard for him because there was so much expectation on him following a big move from Lyon where he was their talisman. Mourinho's/Grant's system never worked for him, and he found that he was being deployed in a much deeper position than the wide position he liked at Lyon. This season, he's been brilliant, IMO. He has certainly settled and now he seems much more confident on the ball - he is taking on defenders, but also because of the system deployed by LFS, he is enjoying the license to act as basically a second striker - hogging the touchline and cutting inside to join the attack. He's made a brilliant partnership with Ash and Anelka, and he is getting himself into excellent scoring positions and is creating plenty of chances for himself and the team. I'm not saying he has been outstanding for us every game, but his performances have certainly picked up and most importantly, he appears to be enjoying himself when he is playing.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has looked a better player this season, although tonight he had a stinker. He must have had rubber boots on as nothing would stick to him. Also saw him pull out of a few tackles tonight which I dont like to see.

Its games where you have to get stuck in I feel Malouda goes missing. Thats something he needs to work on.

He has looked a better player this season, although tonight he had a stinker. He must have had rubber boots on as nothing would stick to him. Also saw him pull out of a few tackles tonight which I dont like to see.

Its games where you have to get stuck in I feel Malouda goes missing. Thats something he needs to work on.

I think he is a bit concerned about getting injured.

And he certainlly lacks a yard in pace.

But definately bettr than last season. He is pretty good this season. I hope he keeps improving. Its ok to have one bad game in 5 matches.