Anthony Martial

Unionjack

56 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think any shot of that happening has unfortunately had its ship sail. Ed Woodward will never sell us Martial.

Here is a Manure-related wild card:

What do you think of Memphis as our CF? He plays it often for Lyon. I think he might be a monster in Sarriball.

I've said it before, I think he should be an option.  You'll never have to worry about him losing confidence, that's for sure.

He's been converted to CF for both club and country.  

It's his attitude that concerns me, same with Dembele (the Barca one).

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I've said it before, I think he should be an option.  You'll never have to worry about him losing confidence, that's for sure.

He's been converted to CF for both club and country.  

It's his attitude that concerns me, same with Dembele (the Barca one).

If he was our main CF, I think Sarri could handle his attitude, and surely his pride (to prove Manure wrong) would come into play.

Dembele will not be sold by Barca and he will eventually mature. He is an insane talent and worth the gamble for them.

Chelsea and Arsenal boosted in Anthony Martial race as agent is ‘very pessimistic’ over new Manchester United contract

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/17/chelsea-arsenal-boosted-anthony-martial-race-agent-pessimistic-new-manchester-united-contract-8258255/

Arsenal and Chelsea have been given a boost in their pursuit of Anthony Martial after his agent admitted he is ‘very pessimistic’ over Manchester United’s chances of finalising a new long-term contract for the forward.

United have triggered Martial’s one-year option to keep him at the club until the summer of 2020. The 23-year-old’s current deal had been due to expire at the end of the season but United now have a further 12 months in which to sell or agree a new contract with the player.

Martial’s agent, Philippe Lamboley, claimed in the summer that the France international wanted to leave United following months of failed contract negotiations. Both Chelsea and Arsenal have been monitoring Martial’s situation, but United’s hierarchy refused to sell in the summer despite Jose Mourinho being open to letting the forward leave Old Trafford.

snip

Chelsea plan January transfer window approach for Manchester United star after major development

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2018/12/17/anthony-martial-chelsea-transfer-man-utd-news-has-blues-on-alert/

Chelsea remain keen on a potential January transfer window swoop for Manchester United forward Anthony Martial, it has emerged.

The Blues have long been linked with the France international, who has had an up and down time of things at Old Trafford since joining back in 2015.

The latest transfer news regarding the player is not looking too positive from a United point of view, with Martial looking no closer to signing a new contract.

BBC Sport have reported of United triggering the option to extend Martial’s deal for a further year, but quote his agent as saying he is pessimistic about a more long-term agreement.

CaughtOffside understands this has alerted Chelsea to the 23-year-old’s potential availability, with the club on the lookout for a new signing up front this winter.

While Martial has mainly played out wide under Jose Mourinho, some of his best form in a United shirt came in his first campaign as a centre-forward under Louis van Gaal.

snip

A lot of up n down will he wont he ober him isn't there?

Seems to me that he's not really wanting to leave Manure but more about not seeing eye to eye with Mou and the eternal  'I wamt to play more' rant.

I do understand that any player with ambition want to play as much as possible but when you are in a big squad thats not always possible so you have to realize it, become as good as you can possibly get, stay as fit as you can then take the most of the chances you get to show the manager you are on your game.

We have a few that should think this way too.

Apart from blinkin Waterboy!! My gob is still so smacked thinking we are paying him £100k a week. Obviously no ambition and happy to sit back and watch his bank ballance go up! Lucky sod!

But if we shift him - Bakayoko £110k,Morata £120k,Willian £120k,Cahill £130k,Cescy £160k,Bats £90k,Moses£80k,Alonso £90k,Kennedy £25kBapa £25k  & Chuck in the rest of the loan army and put the money towards some fresh blood.

1 hour ago, Warning_Hazard said:

Any player worth his salt will want out, They're doomed!

plus he isnt getting what he wants, worth a punt

Yep worth a try/ Never know until we do. Byt I do think Mou staying was a big help for us in a few ways.

On 12/21/2018 at 0:44 AM, Vesper said:

tumblr_ngu6m7chZ71swbfwgo1_400.gif

I got it in buckets. Keeps me head busy. Not hard to animate. Just cutting all the little bits out and putting them together is the pain. And my mind takes a stroll and gets bored after awhile. I got so many half finished projects I got bored with and never went back to. I end up with like a dozen tabs open in Firefox, a couple of Audacity music editors, Winbdows Movie Maker, Photoshop, and go from one to the other once I get fed up doing 1. I'm sure if they tested for ADHD when I was young I'd have had it! OH well, worse things could happen eh!

Can't see us even trying for Martial sadly. Or blinkin Icardi which sickens me.

• 3 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You