Jack Butland

nathangeorge99

3 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Course a keeper needs a good defence, lmao u put any keep behind a shit defence and they will concede tons of goals.

Fuck Jack - We are paying 100 mill euros for Oblak! eef09dfb37c7377192e570d2d496b937.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Course a keeper needs a good defence, lmao u put any keep behind a shit defence and they will concede tons of goals.

A defence can be shit but if the keeper is good, then he can still prevent goals from going in. Keylor Navas at Real Madrid or De Gea at Man United are examples. My point was, a keeper should be solid and consistent regardless of the defence in front of him. If he only has that because of the defence, then he's not all that good, is he?

Just now, Jason said:

A defence can be shit but if the keeper is good, then he can still prevent goals from going in. Keylor Navas at Real Madrid or De Gea at Man United are examples. My point was, a keeper should be solid and consistent regardless of the defence in front of him. If he only has that because of the defence, then he's not all that good, is he?

I never said he was shit? Just will look better with a better defence. Same goes for every goalie. Also pretty sure United had one of the best defences for a few years running now.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Surely keepers will draw confidence knowing they have a good defence will in turn will make them play better same for the defence if they no they have a rock behind them right? Am not agreeing that we should get jack at all am just saying defence helps a keeper way more than ppl think.

Just now, Polo7 said:

I never said he was shit?

Never said you did, did I? Don't be sensitive! :P 

1 minute ago, Polo7 said:

Just will look better with a better defence. Same goes for every goalie. Also pretty sure United had one of the best defences for a few years running now.

The numbers will suggest United have one of the best defences around but do we really think a back four of Valencia, Jones, Smalling and Young are top class? The numbers are only good because of De Gea.

5 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Surely keepers will draw confidence knowing they have a good defence will in turn will make them play better same for the defence if they no they have a rock behind them right? Am not agreeing that we should get jack at all am just saying defence helps a keeper way more than ppl think.

Yes but if the defence go AWOL for the day, then we can't have the keeper follow suit as well, can we? Need to have him being able to hold its own if the defenders in front suffer a brainfart day.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Yes but if the defence go AWOL for the day, then we can't have the keeper follow suit as well, can we? Need to have him being able to hold its own if the defenders in front suffer a brainfart day.

Fair point mate, cant disagree on anything u said lol.

he`s basically not going to play for a top English side now..Chelsea,Man city,Man U,Liverpool,Tottenham,Arsenal. and the pack below that,the likes of Leicester,Everton all have longterm solutions in place..is a shame for one who promised so much in his younger days that by chosing to stay at a smaller club during his formative years to get more games and develop quicker it`s not gonna be rewarded. his best hope now is that a team outside of the top pack emerges or he tries his luck abroad.still should make England squads tho.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You