Roy Keane

Keane risks wrath of Ferguson after backing Chelsea for the title

</H1>ALivesey.jpg

The ex-Manchester United player believes that Chelsea will have the edge over his former team this season.

Roy Keane has tipped Chelsea to win the Premier League title next May. "For me, it's Chelsea this year," insisted the former Manchester United captain and current Sunderland manager whose opinion is unlikely to impress Sir Alex Ferguson.

"I always felt that United would do it last year," said Keane. "But I fancy Chelsea this time. There's no African Cup of Nations in January, they've got a new manager, they've bought one or two players and, for all the ups and downs, last year they still nearly nicked it."

His confidence in the London club could, however, be diluted slightly if Dimitar Berbatov completes his anticipated transfer to Old Trafford from Tottenham Hotspur. "If United get a top striker in then they've got a chance," conceded Keane. "But my gut feeling this year would still be Chelsea."

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Majority of pundits and managers seem to have us down to win the league!

I think we probably will win the league this season, we look incedibly strong and are trying to be more creative to carve out more chances which is where we have lacked in the last couple of seasons.

We can all hope :D

Keane was a great player, and it would appear he is becoming a great manager as well. He has taken a mediocre Sunderland side from the Championship into the PL and done a very good job to keep them up, and has strengthened with some top signings over the summer. The man knows his football, and I'm sure he'll be proven right.