• Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Chalobah (sub)

32 minutes ago, Barbara said:

Am I due to another dance?

I was so frigging happy for not having Ivanovic starting. I totally believe the reports that Cahill and Ivanovic are being dismissed by Conte, the only reason Cahill started is because both Terry and Zouma are injured. For that alone I'm wiling to overlook every other bad choice done by Conte in the 9 games we played (just to mention, the late subs, the insistence with Iva, starting Cesc when he shouldn't and leaving him out when he should start,

I think the 3-4-3 could work if we stick to that and drill it well. The first half was painful, really bad. Not one single shot on goal tells you everything you need to know about those 45 minutes. Whatever hairdrier convo Conte had with the players in the break worked pretty well.

I think Alonso has a long way to go, but I also believe he's better than Baba although Luis should have had that positioned nailed down if Mourinho wasn't so protective of his own reputation and given him proper time to get used to the league. We could work with both Azpili and Alonso working as wing backs in the midfield alongside Kante and Matic (or Cesc depending on the match). The three upfront could be any combination involving Costa, Eden and one more. That one more should be Willian most times, but it can be Moses too (although I wouldn't start Moses again, I'd rather play him 30 minutes than 75). Oscar and Pedro could be time wasting subs on mark 85' (that's what they've been reduced too by their own making).

It was far from brilliant and Hull really is a poor side, but we now have two weeks to work again (grrr, I still hate those international breaks with passion) and hopefully Terry can come back (although he's not the answer, but anyone is an improvement over Cahill) and hopefully soon Zouma will be back playing.

I was happy for the result, happy with Conte's choices and with time I hope to be happy with the performance too. KTBFFH

Dammm if u dance i'll get a brazilian lol good recap...tap tap.......booooooooooooooom

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People throwing Cesc back in...IMO he is done playing first 11 against top teams and will soon be against smaller ones too. We play Leicester and United next, Cesc should definately not start any of those two games. We would need two Kantes and still, Cesc would not cover enough ground to keep team in balance.

Anyway we will need to find longterm solution for our playmaker spot, so its pointless to adjust the system fitting to Cesc.

Cant wait to see Zouma and Terry back, then we can start with improving our back line.