Scolari Press Conference

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if he is only here for 4 or 5 years then lets hope he can build something special for the next person to carry on with.

Personally i am quite excited by this new era under Scolari, a few more new signings in the right places and the right types of player and it could well be one hell of a season for us.

Now we just want to hear from the man himself to finally comment on all things Chelsea and hear what he has to say.

from teamtalk.com

"I met Frank Lampard and we spoke for 15 minutes, and after this, when we finished, I was very happy because I asked if he wants to stay and he said 'yes, I (will) stay at Chelsea'," Scolari told Chelsea TV.

I was very impressed by him.

He also mentioned that he will wait for a few days yet to get to know the strength of the squad before he decides where he needs to add.

I laughed when asked if he reguarded himself as a "special one" as Jose described himself when he first took charge.

Scolari looked the guy straight in the eye and said......."YES"..There was a few laughs, but he continued he was special to his family and friends, nothing more.

Also mentioned that JT came to his office and knocked on the door and said...."Hello I'm John Terry", Scolari I know who you are, come on in :lol:

All in all, He put himself across very well and spoke quite clear considering he was thought not to be able to speak English.

Read the transcript on the CFC website, but looking forward to seeing the full thing when i get home tonight. He comes across very well. It is no suprise that we will be waiting a while for more transfers while Scolari asseses the squad, it is likely that most activity will now happen after the Pre Season tour in early August.

Great news that Lamps wants to stay and that Scolari wants to keep Drogba too.....

All in all very positive.

Also mentioned that JT came to his office and knocked on the door and said...."Hello I'm John Terry", Scolari I know who you are, come on in :lol:

This is not mentioned by chelseafc.com so was there something similar like this situation with JT ? something funny ? :)

This is not mentioned by chelseafc.com so was there something similar like this situation with JT ? something funny ? :)

The club website probably just posted up the important stuff, this remark he made was more off the cuff.

He was talking about his first day at the training ground, getting to know the players, JT came to introduce himself.

I havent seen the website content yet, but Scolari also said that a few years back he voted for JT as his player of the year, and a also Drogba 2 seasons ago and he is happy that he has both of them now as his players.