Scolari Press Conference

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone will come away from the first interview and conference feeling very very positive. We have 2 weeks now till the first pre season game. Not sure when they actually fly out but i am sure it will be soon, possibly next week. Will anymore players be added before then? I am sure they will try, but it will be very hard. Scolari thinks that 95% to 99% of his final squad will be flying out to China/malaysia....

I dont think well add any more strikers to the squad. Drogba being named by Scolari himself as a man he wants to keep at the club and Sheva not being allowed to leave.

Defence wise were sorted, so I cant really see anything other than a bit of width being brought into the team

Dunno where Robinho would fit into the current squad if we're to go with his favoured 4-2-3-1?

Just watched the important bits on sky sports news.

I'm really pleased with what i've seen and his English is good.. even the portugese press didnt know he could speak english that well.

He says Frank Lampard stays but his agent has said his future is far from resolved

I dont think well add any more strikers to the squad. Drogba being named by Scolari himself as a man he wants to keep at the club and Sheva not being allowed to leave.

Defence wise were sorted, so I cant really see anything other than a bit of width being brought into the team

Dunno where Robinho would fit into the current squad if we're to go with his favoured 4-2-3-1?

Left wing! Where he has played for Madrid, his pace and trickery would be ideal.

I think you are right, with Drogba, Sheva and Anelka (plus Di Santo) all seemingly staying it looks like the only place we need players (and desperately) is on the wings. And hopefully he will pick up the right players we need for there.

Left wing! Where he has played for Madrid, his pace and trickery would be ideal.

I think you are right, with Drogba, Sheva and Anelka (plus Di Santo) all seemingly staying it looks like the only place we need players (and desperately) is on the wings. And hopefully he will pick up the right players we need for there.

Do you think a move for Quaresma could be on the cards, we've already got a good blend of Portuguese players in the side. As much as I dislike him as a player, he's still quality and would definately strengthen that position.

Do you think a move for Quaresma could be on the cards, we've already got a good blend of Portuguese players in the side. As much as I dislike him as a player, he's still quality and would definately strengthen that position.

It is certainly possible, but who knows. At the moment the most probable players to come in for those positions (going on paper talk) is Robinho and Ronaldinho. Quaresma has not been mentioned for a while now.

Scolari wants to asses his players, i am sure he is a man who knows what he needs to get a team playing his way. And i am sure that he can see that we need new wingers, SWP has to be replaced this summer. And if we want to really build for next season we should replace Malouda too.

It is certainly possible, but who knows. At the moment the most probable players to come in for those positions (going on paper talk) is Robinho and Ronaldinho. Quaresma has not been mentioned for a while now.

Scolari wants to asses his players, i am sure he is a man who knows what he needs to get a team playing his way. And i am sure that he can see that we need new wingers, SWP has to be replaced this summer. And if we want to really build for next season we should replace Malouda too.

I agree.....SWP, for his own sake has to get out of Chelsea, he was too good for Citeh, but doesnt seem to be able to handle it at the top. Malouda just wasnt on his game last season and we shoudnt be carrying players like we have in the past.

With Ronaldo possibly going nowhere, Robinho could dig his heels in and not want to move from Madrid as his agent said he doesnt want to leave. HE classes him better than Ronaldo :P

I still dont know about Ronaldinho. He's worked with Scolari before so they're bound to know what makes each other tick. Could be a gamble though with his off the field problems.

I agree.....SWP, for his own sake has to get out of Chelsea, he was too good for Citeh, but doesnt seem to be able to handle it at the top. Malouda just wasnt on his game last season and we shoudnt be carrying players like we have in the past.

With Ronaldo possibly going nowhere, Robinho could dig his heels in and not want to move from Madrid as his agent said he doesnt want to leave. HE classes him better than Ronaldo :P

I still dont know about Ronaldinho. He's worked with Scolari before so they're bound to know what makes each other tick. Could be a gamble though with his off the field problems.

Well considering his age with Ronaldinho i think it is a gamble worth taking. AC Milan obviously think so too. There are other options out there and time will tell what sort of players scolari has in mind, but i would imagine that Ronaldinho, Robinho and Quaresma will be high on his list.

Dinho and Quaresma are players who he was worked with, and with a quota of Brazilian and Portuguese players in the squad, it would be an attractive move to join Chelsea. I'm excited by his comments, especially as he says he wants to sign more players.

Very impressed with everything that Scolari has come out and said yesterday. All the points he made has given a very positive attitude on everything. I am very very very happy to hear that he has definate plans to involve youth players with first team games as he has said:

"The Academy is fantastic. I help the young players, I put a lot of them in the clubs I coached. In Palmeiras, 17, 18, 19-year-olds all in a row. We have some players here who maybe next season play some important games.

'I have one man that came with me, Carlos Pracidelli, goalkeeper coach, and the man that goes three days a week to see the training in the Academy, because if he sees some very good players, he can say "Look, start him training". We have good connections.'

It seems that he is already looking at that with Mancienne and Di Santo involved with first team training at the moment. But if he is looking at our young players then he will be very impressed and the chance of players getting chances seem very high.

Be good if they do come through.

Liked the sound of Big Balls Phil. Takes no prisoners -and feel confident of the league already.

You can't help but get excited hearing him talk. He wants to win everything, he wants to play good football and create a good atmosphere within the squad. A squad of a maximum of 25 players so he can involve youth players - this means there will be plenty of players leaving, even more when new players come in so there is still a lot of activity to happen this summer.

Well the six out have to be;

Steve Sidwell

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Claude Makelele

Tal Ben Haim

Claudio Pizarro

Florent Malouda

Though personally would like Claude to stay and Malouda given more time. Not sure youth players will replace them, -more likely there will be some star additions... but one or two may be given a chance

Steve Sidwell

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Claude Makelele

Tal Ben Haim

Claudio Pizarro

Florent Malouda

Though personally would like Claude to stay and Malouda given more time. Not sure youth players will replace them, -more likely there will be some star additions... but one or two may be given a chance

Sounds about right....

Cech, Cudicini, Hilario

Bosingwa, Ferreira, Cole, Bridge

Terry, Carvalho, Alex, Ivanovic

Essien, Mikel, Lampard, Ballack, Deco, Maka/new midfielder

J.Cole, Kalou, New Winger, New Winger

Drogba, Sheva, Anelka

Thats a squad of 24 with 2 for each position. That means Belletti, Ben Haim, Sidwell, Malouda, SWP, Pizarro and possibly Maka leaving. Scolari said that having a squad this size allows him to use youth players.

Steve Sidwell

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Claude Makelele

Tal Ben Haim

Claudio Pizarro

Florent Malouda

So instead of Claude, we sell Belletti/Ferreira (more like Belletti because Scolari might like Ferreira) and that'll give us 3 right backs, and Malouda can be kept instead of buying an excess amount of wingers, where I think we'd only need one atm.