Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

Ironic if that is where he goes there and Bats to Roma, and Bat's happiest time as a pro was at Borussia Dortmund

I cannot for the life of me figure out why they do not make a move for him, he was a beast there until he got injured

9 hours ago, LAM09 said:

It would be great if so many weren't naive. Have to laugh at those that say he isn't "a proven finisher".

I think this is a Lukaku situation. ROM scores goals but neither United fans nor management were ever truly happy with him. I think that's how it was for Bats at BVB and how I guess it would be for him here too.

Bats is criticised because he isn't good at the whole job, but that's how it is with all of our strikers. If there are times when Frank wants to use Tammy's strengths, and times when he wants to go with Ollie's strengths, then why wouldn't there be times when he chooses to deploy Michy's? The thing is, he hasn't really shown any sign of wanting to do that yet. Worse, he's used the code phrase, "Michy is here. He is one of our strikers.", and we all know what that's code for.

Perhaps Frank and Jody want to leave a path for Charlie Brown to serve as our third choice striker. I've seen Charlie twice this season (once on TV) and he's seemed a bit lacklustre to me. I like Charlie, but using him as number three looks bold. That's OK, I've no problem with Frank being bold. Assuming this is his decision of course.

I'd really like to see Bats get a chance.

I think that on preseason he really did show a workrate a wiilingness to get involved.

Admittedly that was preseason but it was enough for me to like to give him a chance, can't see why Lamps hasn't tried him in the League.

2 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

I'd really like to see Bats get a chance.

I think that on preseason he really did show a workrate a wiilingness to get involved.

Admittedly that was preseason but it was enough for me to like to give him a chance, can't see why Lamps hasn't tried him in the League.

Last time he impressed in pre season he blew it within 60 minutes.

31 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Trust you to come out with that:D

Anyway is he any worse than the other 2 characters

Yes.

Put Michy one on one with a keeper and he'll tuck it away I'll give him that but the modern game especially at the top level requires so much more, even the very best poachers (RVN, Mario Gomez) get upgraded on eventually by strikers not as good at finishing but a better all round game (Saha/RVN, Mandzukic/Gomez, Lukaku/Rashford prime examples) and every time the team got better (or appear to be getting better in the latters case) as a result.

I'm not convinced by Tammy in the long run and i ain't particularly a big fan of Giroud but tactically I much prefer them, the openings we created against United and Liverpool I have never seen us create so many chances with MB playing, mainly because his movement is so wack it gives the whole team less space to operate.

If he's happy to be our Origi (ie someone to randomenly chuck on in the final 10 to mix things up when the game becomes a bit more end to end) then I wouldn't mind keeping him, but for starting games? Forget it.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yes.

Put Michy one on one with a keeper and he'll tuck it away I'll give him that but the modern game especially at the top level requires so much more, even the very best poachers (RVN, Mario Gomez) get upgraded on eventually by strikers not as good at finishing but a better all round game (Saha/RVN, Mandzukic/Gomez, Lukaku/Rashford prime examples) and every time the team got better (or appear to be getting better in the latters case) as a result.

I'm not convinced by Tammy in the long run and i ain't particularly a big fan of Giroud but tactically I much prefer them, the openings we created against United and Liverpool I have never seen us create so many chances with MB playing, mainly because his movement is so wack it gives the whole team less space to operate.

If he's happy to be our Origi (ie someone to randomenly chuck on in the final 10 to mix things up when the game becomes a bit more end to end) then I wouldn't mind keeping him, but for starting games? Forget it.

Agree with all of this. 

Michy is far too limited to be our number 1, sure hes got a poachers instinct and will probably score 1 in 3 chances if they are on a plate across the box but he offers nothing exceptional in the build up or even as an outlet. His link up play is very much average and coming short off the defenders he doesnt do it enough, he just stands still and looks like a spare prick half the time. Every modern day top CF offers more than just goals, they offer the ability to come deep and play or act as an outlet. Its absolutely essential, for instance I am a huge huge fan of Firmino, if Liverpool didnt have him there attack wouldnt be as effective because he drops in midfield to link the play, he can interchange with the wingers, he isnt strong but he is clever enough to offer an outlet when Liverpool are under the cosh. I am surprised Real/Barca havent come in with huge money for him yet. Poachers are slowly dying out of the game at top clubs 

Somewhere on earth, [mention=11339]LAM09[/mention] is spitting blood reading the two posts above. :Goober: 
[emoji1]

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, so there isn't much to say. With Michy being so "limited", I don't know what our other two options are.

I think I might have missed Drogba, prime Torres & Eto'o in the dressing room last week/Wednesday tbh.