John Terry

DavidEU

I think internally the racism allegations have hit the club more than they're leading on. On one hand i don't want us to make the mistake we made 3 years ago when we let a lot of experience leave at the same time, but on the other hand with the exception of Cech and Cole, our 'old guard' are no longer irreplaceable. We also have a much greater core of young talent now than 3 years ago and some players like Cahill, Ivanovic and Mata seemingly willing to step up to the responsibility of being leaders.

JT will always be a Chelsea legend but i've grown tired of his baggage, there seems to be sonething he does every season that threatens to derail the clubs form and momentum, and i can only believe the board feel the same.

I have heard rumours also that some of Chelsea's black players refused to sign a document supporting Terry in his court battle.

Sometimes a player just has to leave for the good of a club. How many times have United done it - Ince, Keane, Beckham... The fear comes from the unknown future but i can't help but look past Terry's days being numbered over the next year or so.

I think internally the racism allegations have hit the club more than they're leading on. On one hand i don't want us to make the mistake we made 3 years ago when we let a lot of experience leave at the same time, but on the other hand with the exception of Cech and Cole, our 'old guard' are no longer irreplaceable. We also have a much greater core of young talent now than 3 years ago and some players like Cahill, Ivanovic and Mata seemingly willing to step up to the responsibility of being leaders.

JT will always be a Chelsea legend but i've grown tired of his baggage, there seems to be sonething he does every season that threatens to derail the clubs form and momentum, and i can only believe the board feel the same.

I have heard rumours also that some of Chelsea's black players refused to sign a document supporting Terry in his court battle.

Sometimes a player just has to leave for the good of a club. How many times have United done it - Ince, Keane, Beckham... The fear comes from the unknown future but i can't help but look past Terry's days being numbered over the next year or so.

See what youre saying and theres no player bigger than the club etc. There probably is some disquiet and acrimony at board level to him becoming, not so much an embarassment, (they have no shame Gourlay, Buck etc ) but its a question of whether the saga affects revenue streams, and JT himself as a marketing commodity. Thats what would make them think offloading him, not any alleged act of racism, Lets not forget CFC and all top clubs are businesses first and foremost then a football club second,

Anyway this 'racism' in football has been blown out of proportion -in fact fuck it I will start a thread..... :angry:

See what youre saying and theres no player bigger than the club etc. There probably is some disquiet and acrimony at board level to him becoming, not so much an embarassment, (they have no shame Gourlay, Buck etc ) but its a question of whether the saga affects revenue streams, and JT himself as a marketing commodity. Thats what would make them think offloading him, not any alleged act of racism, Lets not forget CFC and all top clubs are businesses first and foremost then a football club second,

Anyway this 'racism' in football has been blown out of proportion -in fact fuck it I will start a thread..... :angry:

I agree, it's been blown out of proportion but Terry has cast a serious cloud over the club through his actions.

On top of the reputation and potential revenue hits you mentioned, Terry is not as influential on the pitch as previous years and is amongst the highest paid at the club.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did leave sooner rather than later.

I agree, it's been blown out of proportion but Terry has cast a serious cloud over the club through his actions.

On top of the reputation and potential revenue hits you mentioned, Terry is not as influential on the pitch as previous years and is amongst the highest paid at the club.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did leave sooner rather than later.

Agree logistically theres the new Spanish RB, Ivanovich and Cahill are adequate in the centre-and he does slip all over the shop -its either down to all the shagging of players wives or the lager or a combination of both. Either way he is slowing down.

That said though, on his day though no one chucks themselves about or blocks shots like him in the World and I reckon he'll probably stay....

I was never able to imagine JT as manager of the Club...perhaps a place in the Academy

There was a chance that he would have been involved in some capacity with the youth team while doing his coaching badges like Desailly. But that was before the racism saga. Think it will be really difficult for Terry to stay in football once his playing days are over now. Too much baggage. I think this quote sums it up:

We don’t care about racism? Consider Terry’s true punishment. Not four matches, but a stigma that will remain throughout his life. Without substantial rehabilitation, it will be very hard for him to remain in football beyond his playing career and almost impossible for him to pursue work in the media.

Could Terry be offered the job Gary Neville has for England, or the position Alan Shearer occupies at the BBC? Not without the same outcry that has accompanied Chelsea’s decision to retain him as captain.

There would be a chorus of disapproval: reaction from Kick It Out, furious back page controversy, negative commentary and analysis, a lightning vox pop of prominent black players. It would be a circus.

Just as it is for Luis Suarez, ignominy is Terry’s real sentence, and it is for all time, not four measly matches. So, yes, we’re damn serious about racism in this country.

If it's true and I say a big if because I very rarely believe things like this in the media then we really have very little say in if he stays or not

He's out of contract in the summer so a move in January would probably work for us in regards to if we wanted to make a move in the market or not to replace him. Purely for Footballing reasons I would like to see us retain him beyond the end of the season I think he's far from done as a player, I would rather judge him on that and that alone than off the field. If he can do the job on the pitch then that's good enough for me as a fan

The decision though stands firmly with Terry

I can't see why Terry wouldn't leave.

He get's (partly) away from the media always having their swords out for him.

He gets better weather over there.

He's already cemented as a legend here, and is a man with a lot of pride; meaning he possibly doesn't want his final 'decline' to be with us.

He doesn't play for the England team anymore.

He gets booed everytime he touches the ball here.

Almost all of his problems would be gone (for now) if he did move.

I'm not saying I do or don't want him to leave, but it's not as simple as "HE IS BLUE THROUGH AND THROUGH, CAPTAIN LEADER LEGEND JT FOR LYF. HE WILL NEVER LEAVE XXXXXX."

Just look at Raul or Hierro etc. as perfect examples. You can leave your club as a legend. You don't have to retire there.

I can't see why Terry wouldn't leave.

He get's (partly) away from the media always having their swords out for him.

He gets better weather over there.

He's already cemented as a legend here, and is a man with a lot of pride; meaning he possibly doesn't want his final 'decline' to be with us.

He doesn't play for the England team anymore.

He gets booed everytime he touches the ball here.

Almost all of his problems would be gone (for now) if he did move.

I'm not saying I do or don't want him to leave, but it's not as simple as "HE IS BLUE THROUGH AND THROUGH, CAPTAIN LEADER LEGEND JT FOR LYF. HE WILL NEVER LEAVE XXXXXX."

Just look at Raul or Hierro etc. as perfect examples. You can leave your club as a legend. You don't have to retire there.

Indeed Leif. The problem Mr Terry has though is being accepted anywhere he plays. This allegation will follow him from here to MLS to Abu Dhabi to even Australia. He will not be able to go to any country without the racism issue following him.

That's why it may be more difficult for him to find that escape unlike Lampard who has an untarnished record.

Correct. He's said as much. If the day comes he isn't wanted in a playing capacity by the club, he'll join the Academy as a mentor and coach.

Then again I seem to remember Man City making multiple offers and huge wages. It took about a month and a huge wage increase before Terry said he would be with Chelsea for the rest of his career. Pfft.

Completely agree with the post a while back, there is a big fuss about Lampard and JT, and I've been advocating that they should move on for a while now with snipes at both in my posts. They are simply past it, BUT both could do a job if they realise they are not bigger than the club i.e. Scholes/Giggs otherwise its as a post said earlier Beckham left for the good of the club etc.

Our squad has proven this year that its capable without both, more so Lampard.