Expectations for new season?

With the season coming to an end we can reflect a lot on how woeful this season has been.

But soon it will be over and we can look forward to the summer and new season.

So I was wondering what are the expectation you guys have for the new season?

What should we be achieving for? What is our intention this season?

For me getting into top 4 should be the minimum. Now depending on the transfer market we might be tittle contenders or not, but we have to wait and see what we do.

I would like at least one youth to be vital for the team. Weather its RLC, Traore, Kennedy etc etc. One would be a step in the right direction.

Other then that nothing big for me, just top 4 and 1 youth like RLC. Anything else is subject to transfer window.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care where the team finishes. I want entertaining attacking football with the implementation of youth over shilling millions of pounds on players like Nainggolan and whathaveyou. At the end of the day it doesn't bother me if players are bought.

I like to watch this game for the appreciation of the sport not to see someone else bask in glory while I live vicariously through it all.

- Integrate some of the youth players, RLC and Ake in particular. Give Traore more chances as well. 

- Finish top 4. Chelsea needs Champions League football. 

That's pretty much it. If we win the Capital One Cup or FA Cup then that'd be awesome.

Just be competitive. This season makes me ill to think about. 

conte won the Italian league with no champion league football with juventus i cant see why he cant do it with chelsea  no champion league football could be a blessing in disguise we can put are main focus in PL league next season i just hope the board give conte their full backing and let him do what he has to do

24 minutes ago, the wes said:

conte won the Italian league with no champion league football with juventus i cant see why he cant do it with chelsea  no champion league football could be a blessing in disguise we can put are main focus in PL league next season i just hope the board give conte their full backing and let him do what he has to do

Yeah that is what would make the difference weather we can challenge for title, the business done this summer. 

Other then that top 4 should not be a problem if you keep Hazard, Fabregas, Matic, and Costa. I believe they will be back next season especially Hazard. 

Same as PetrCech and Spike above: swift, attacking football and integration of youth. Top four would just be a plus.

My expectations for the summer window: quality and depth in all positions BACK-TO-FRONT. Buy dynamic, quick and strong fullbacks if necessary, load up in CM, dump the Oscar and Mikel players an ambitious club doesn't need.

11 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

Same as PetrCech and Spike above: swift, attacking football and integration of youth. Top four would just be a plus.

My expectations for the summer window: quality and depth in all positions BACK-TO-FRONT. Buy dynamic, quick and strong fullbacks if necessary, load up in CM, dump the Oscar and Mikel players an ambitious club doesn't need.

integration of youth and "depth in all positions" simply does not go hand in hand. 

I personally want first team upgrades over Oscar, pedro, cesc, GC, JT. Sell all of these players along with falcao and god help us if we actually buy Pato.

Gks - Thibaut, Begovic (HG), Blackman(HG)

Def - Zouma, Benatia, Andreas (HG), Azpi, Iva, Ake (HG), Baba, Clarke-Salter(HG)

CMs - Matic, Radja, RLC (HG), Baker (HG), Pasalic, Gundogan?Pjanic?Isco?James? (any good creative midfielder with not a hopeless defensive workrate and liability like Cesc and also decent ball retention skills and who can play at a consistently high level for more than 4 months).

Forwards - Costa, Hazard, Willian, Traore (HG), Kenedy (HG), Musonda (HG) 

If some players want to leave like Courtois then so be it. Sell them for twice their worth (and good riddance too) and buy a good replacement like Butland.

With having youth players as back ups, this will surely mean good youth integration. With no european distractions, we should get Top 6 if this squad plays upto their potential.

I dont want to play open attacking football. But i want to have an identity. Look at ATM for example. A brilliant team. That is what we should have turned to. That is how we should have been playing right now. And I would love to have a play like that. Those players play with their hearts. I have not seen us doing that since the 2011-12 CL campaign (just CL we were pathetic in PL).