The Business Model Needs To Change

11 hours ago, Tomo said:

Dortmund shows that we can recover from this season, they were bottom of the table in February last season now look at them, youcan say what you like about our cock up off a season but we were never in that much peril.

The basis in our squad is here, we have a world class keeper, Willian, Pedro and Hazard are a good AM trio and tbh Oscar may be a let down in terms of the potential he had but their are worse squad player's, we have a world class striker and a very promising emerging one and fullback I don't even think is too bad, which brings me into the two positions that do need surgery......

Centre back and centre midfield, Zouma could take a while to fully recover from his ACL, Terry could be gone and Cahill is a squad player no more, quite frankly we probably need two quality signings in this area, oh how I wish we snapped Alderwierld up.

Centre midfield, Matic looks like he's burnt out and Mikel (like Cahill)is a squad player at best, for me we should be signing two new dynamic midfielder and playing in a 4-3-3 with Cesc, my ideals would be Naingolan and Pogba, but if they are unrealistic then the scouts/management are paid to think outside the box.

As for Dortmund, one thing that seperates them and Chelsea, is that they don't pressure on Champions League qualification so much. I was reading/listening what Watzke (Dortmund CEO) has to say on weekly basis when 3 Poles were playing there. They don't set their budget in the way that they have to qualify for the Champions League. It's a bonus money for them while for Chelsea it's neccesity and there is huge pressure to protect that Champions League status.

Chelsea have to think how to manage that situation with no Champions League in the future. They should include clauses in players contract. Of course not something drastic but 10%-15% cut on wages will soft the blow. Now Premier League TV deal is softening the blow greatly, ha, even gains outweight the losses as Chelsea never received as much money from the Champions League participation as they will receive that extra income from the Premier League. So now situation is not that bad money-wise.

I still don't think that Chelsea need drastic changes. I really think we're back at the square one. I look at the situation this time last year and Chelsea still need the same exact buys.

Not wholesale changes !

Dortmund didn't get radical. Remember when list in their squad went like this Weidenfeller - allow cheap goals, Piszczek - after injury he is finished, Hummels - mistake after mistake, Subotic - after injury he is finished, Schmelzer - after injury he is maybe not finished but very average, Gundogan - after injury he is finished, Reus - injuries on top of injuries, Mkhitaryan - guy couldn't score in brothel let alone on a football pitch, he can't acclimatize, Błaszczykowski - after injury he is finished, Ramos - he is useless, can't acclimatize, Immobile - very immobile indeed, useless, can't acclimatize

And all they added to the squad was one signinig, Castro, for 10m€ and 2 cheap signings in Weigl and Burki, their equivalent of Miazga and Pasalic, which here would be ridicouled. Oh, and they had a new coach !!!

So even though they were relegation-bound at the some point they didn't make drastic changes. All they needed was the right man. And sure they acquired one !

So as always, new CB, new CM, new AM and new striker. That's it. That list stands for 12 months. We need ball-playing centre back. Now seeing the emergence of Christensen I'd like that man to be some older and more expierienced player. Bonucci is a dream. We need fast, athetic but technical midfielder. Nainggolan, who else ? Attacking midfielder of talent level of Hazard. Someone who can create on regular basis. Isco is the man but surely could do worse than give Musonda a chance. And a striker. A areal competition to Diego Costa. Someone regular with good ball control, link up play and injury free.

However after emergence of Ramires departure and probable JT departure it makes that list 2 names longer as they need their replacement too.

Anyway if Conte want to dump the whole squad I hope he can do this and have power in his hands to do this but I doubt that is needed. The overdue transfers from last summer are needed and the rest are in his coaching, motivating and fitness preparing abilities.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic