• Willian
    • Costa
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hazard and Costa yes were brilliant last season.......That is now consigned to history, and we can't live on that. Willian IS this season. And as for the IDEAL team? well that's just fantasy my friend. So lay off the players who are excelling this season and find fault with the ones who aren't

It's clear that there was a problem with Mourinho, Costa was already superb today again and Hazard did more in 20 minutes than Pedro in 70. Class is permanent, form is temporary, Willian will never be a world class player, never, but yeah, i agree that he isn't a concern right now.

It's clear that there was a problem with Mourinho, Costa was already superb today again and Hazard did more in 20 minutes than Pedro in 70. Class is permanent, form is temporary, Willian will never be a world class player, never, but yeah, i agree that he isn't a concern right now.

Would you agree that Willian has been our most improved and most influential player this season?

And do you not think that maybe,he might even improve more under the right manager?

We weren't being overrun any more simply because Mikel didn't get caught behind the ball.

Fabregas ran out of steam after 20 minutes and couldn't regain position whenever he was caught behind the ball.

He is a complete liability tactically. I hate the fact that such a weak, limited player is seen as a big player for us.

You know I'm a massive Cesc fan but I can't even lie, this is spot on.

Would add Cahill to that. Poor defendig for Watford's 2nd, that's Conference level if you ask me. And it's not the first time he does that. I know you're not supposed to have a go at the attacker in that area, but at least stay close to him and narrow down his angles. To back down like that it's just plain stupid.

Yup. I was absolutely livid at Cahill.

Individual, amateurish mistakes did us in today.

Would you agree that Willian has been our most improved and most influential player this season?

And do you not think that maybe,he might even improve more under the right manager?

Yes, he has been the most in form player (arguably the only one) in an absolutely awful team.

Yes, he might even improve a bit, but no, he'll never be at the level of the wingers i expect in the attack of a team that wants to win CL, he simple doesn't have the end product of players like Griezmann, Bale, Reus or the potential of promising youngsters to achieve this level.

Costa was back today. Great performance from him. I thought we played well enough to win today, two brain farts cost us (Oscar pen, Matic penalty).

I saw something that I haven't seen in a long time from this team though. The will to bounce back from a goal back down. On wards and up wards.

As I was saying in the match day thread, Mikel's introduction was actually a positive one. We were getting smashed in midfield and his introduction completely changed that and allowed us to dominate in the second half.

We were unlucky to win today tbh. Can't fault the players, they actually showed effort (apart from Oscar who was pathetic).

I was at the game today and that's exactly how I called it. Nice Skipper

Hiddink was shocking in his line-up and decisions. It took ages before making a sub into the 2nd half.

I just want us to become a winning team again. We had a perfectly winnable game there, but some players somehow contrived to fuck everything up. It seems the damage Mourinho did to the club will take some serious repairing.

And I will agree with you up to a point. We are no longer one of the top european heavyweights and wont be able to attract the calibre of the players you speak about. So, for now, Willian is one of our outstanding players, without whom we would be in a lot deeper shit.

So instead of calling him unworthy of playing for Chelsea you should be praising him for some (not all) of his recent performances. If we had a few more with his commitment, drive and energy I'm sure we wouldn't be in our current demise

And I will agree with you up to a point. We are no longer one of the top european heavyweights and wont be able to attract the calibre of the players you speak about. So, for now, Willian is one of our outstanding players, without whom we would be in a lot deeper shit.

So instead of calling him unworthy of playing for Chelsea you should be praising him for some (not all) of his recent performances. If we had a few more with his commitment, drive and energy I'm sure we wouldn't be in our current demise

I didn't call him unworthy of playing for Chelsea, the context where the discussion begun was different, i'm not denying he is out best performer right now.