Your Player Ratings

As we all know, Chelsea's season was very much a season of two halves in terms of performance levels. I would like to know how the fans would rate the players for their performances in the first and second half of 14/15, on a scale of 1-10 (Messi being a 21).

Wanted to add that a 10 is not a perfect score. No such thing as perfection in football. It simply indicates top quality showings and crucial contributions to the team.

Courtois - 7 & 8

Ivanovic - 5 & 6

Cahill - 5 & 7

Terry - 7 & 10

Azpilicueta - 7 & 7

Fabregas - 10 & 6

Matic - 9 & 6

Willian - 5 & 7

Oscar - 7 & 4

Hazard - 8 & 10

Costa - 9 & 7

Ivanovic was the hardest to rate. I'm still a member of his fan club (shirts, boxers and socks printed with tiny Ivanovic faces all over for every new member). But this was a very strange season. He scored and provided crucial goals and assists, coupled with some top performances. But he also made a high amount of individual errors, at an unacceptable level imo, and plenty of average/poor performances. So I just went with a 6 & 6. Could've been a 5 & 6.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtois - 8 & 8

Ivanovic - 6 & 8

Cahill - 5 & 8

Terry - 8 & 10

Azpilicueta - 8 & 8

Fabregas - 10 & 5

Matic - 10 & 7

Willian - 6 & 8

Oscar - 7 & 4

Hazard - 10 & 10

Costa - 10 & 6

with ivanovic people forget that it was a delibrate tactic to play higher up the field. i wont believe for a moment that jose had asked iva to play deep like azpi but he ended up playing as a RW. people wanted open and beautiful football, and we provided it,sacrificing a wing back who always gave us a lot of width down the right. very harsh to rate him so low. when we played deep against united and arsenal, iva was a BEAST. it was not his defending that was poor but how he was used tacticallly.

cahill was horrendous in the first half of the season and oscar was abysmal in the 2nd half - both getting the lowest ratings subsequently. azpi was probably the most consistent player of ours (after eden of course).

I was typing it out but then noticed the ratings were pretty much the same as yours, DYC., just a 1 this side or that in some cases.

It's obviously not easy to maintain your form over a season but I think we suffered from too many players having a vast drop off since about February, especially when they're some of your key players - Matic, Cesc, Oscar. Hard to fault Costa too much because he's been out for so long now.

Cech 5/5

Courtois - 7/7

Ivanovic - 4/5

Cahill - 3/6

Terry - 8/8

Azpilicueta - 6/6

Zouma - 2/7

Luis - 3/4

Fabregas - 8/6

Matic - 7/6

Oscar - 5/3

Mikel - 4/4
Ramires - 5/5

Willian - 3/6

Hazard - 8/8

Salah 1/0

Cuadrado - 0/0

Schurrle - 4/0

Remy - 6/4

Didier Drogba - 3/5

Costa - 8/5

If you have to know 5 is average relative to the player. So a 5 in my mind isn't harsh, it is what is expected. Anything higher than 5 is more than what I've expected.

Courtois - 8 & 8

Ivanovic - 6 & 8

Cahill - 5 & 8

Terry - 8 & 10

Azpilicueta - 8 & 8

Fabregas - 10 & 5

Matic - 10 & 7

Willian - 6 & 8

Oscar - 7 & 4

Hazard - 10 & 10

Costa - 10 & 6

with ivanovic people forget that it was a delibrate tactic to play higher up the field. i wont believe for a moment that jose had asked iva to play deep like azpi but he ended up playing as a RW. people wanted open and beautiful football, and we provided it,sacrificing a wing back who always gave us a lot of width down the right. very harsh to rate him so low. when we played deep against united and arsenal, iva was a BEAST. it was not his defending that was poor but how he was used tacticallly.

cahill was horrendous in the first half of the season and oscar was abysmal in the 2nd half - both getting the lowest ratings subsequently. azpi was probably the most consistent player of ours (after eden of course).

I disagree. Most of his errors had nothing to do with his attacking role. Ivanovic would be at the back, but either position himself poorly, completely switch off for a second or two or simply fail to act. And this happened more than a few times. His lack of pace hurting him as well. Ivanovic must be the slowest fullback at top level.

You're right when you say he's also produced some top performances, and I gave him credit for it. Again, crucial goals and assists. But plenty of average or poor performances on both ends of the pitch as well. He could be performing poorly, and suddenly score a goal or deliver a fantastic cross. Bizarre.

A season of constant ups and downs for me. And especially at his age, I honestly hope he is replaced next season.

Thanks for reacting. Some interesting ratings.

Cech 5/5

Courtois - 7/7

Ivanovic - 4/5

Cahill - 3/6

Terry - 8/8

Azpilicueta - 6/6

Zouma - 2/7

Luis - 3/4

Fabregas - 8/6

Matic - 7/6

Oscar - 5/3

Mikel - 4/4

Ramires - 5/5

Willian - 3/6

Hazard - 8/8

Salah 1/0

Cuadrado - 0/0

Schurrle - 4/0

Remy - 6/4

Didier Drogba - 3/5

Costa - 8/5

If you have to know 5 is average relative to the player. So a 5 in my mind isn't harsh, it is what is expected. Anything higher than 5 is more than what I've expected.

You're one tough customer to please, Spike. But I can understand your ratings.

I was typing it out but then noticed the ratings were pretty much the same as yours, DYC., just a 1 this side or that in some cases.

It's obviously not easy to maintain your form over a season but I think we suffered from too many players having a vast drop off since about February, especially when they're some of your key players - Matic, Cesc, Oscar. Hard to fault Costa too much because he's been out for so long now.

This is very important. Multiple players suffering form drops at the same time. It really hurt the team. But the question is how did it happen? Is it simply fatigue? But why would Mourinho let that happen?

Some say he barely rotated to maintain the lead at the top. But remember that the lead was lost. Man City came back to level points I think, until they imploded.

This is very important. Multiple players suffering form drops at the same time. It really hurt the team. But the question is how did it happen? Is it simply fatigue? But why would Mourinho let that happen?

Some say he barely rotated to maintain the lead at the top. But remember that the lead was lost. Man City came back to level points I think, until they imploded.

Yes we were only top because of alphabetical order on New Year's Day. Same points, same goal diff, same goals total.

We won the league in January when City lost Toure to AfCoN and Aguero to injury(1). It's been all about consolidation since then, which mandated some overly 'safe' play - and that combined with the fatigue of the likes of Matic (2), Cesc, Oscar (the latter two traditionally taper off anyway) and Costa's injuries and suspensions just killed everything. Thank fuck Hazard switched to beast mode and Willian also started turning up on occasion.

(1) City dropped 9 points in the period of 30 days between 4th Jan and 7th Feb (2 of them to us at the Bridge). They never recovered.

(2) Matic played 33 league games so far this season - he had played a total of 56 over the 2.5 seasons in Portugal.

As for why Mourinho let them get fatigued - I don't think we had the quality to replace those 2 guys. Mikel - 2 levels below Matic. Ramires - injured. Cesc - no natural substitute.

Edited by Madmax

Matic 7 / 5 (he has been really bad for a couple of months now in my honest opinion)

Cahill 4 / 6

Oscar 6 / 4

Fair point on Matic. His form did really drop around Feb. I do think he has picked up his form in the past 3 or 4 games though.

He was beastly in the first half of the season though. He was everywhere and was carrying the midfield in the big games. Constantly winning the ball early, and distributing it calmly. Majority of football fans were raving about him and wished they had him in their team. Best defensive stats in the league by far, one of the very best in the CL as well.

Fair point on Matic. His form did really drop around Feb. I do think he has picked up his form in the past 3 or 4 games though.

He was beastly in the first half of the season though. He was everywhere and was carrying the midfield in the big games. Constantly winning the ball early, and distributing it calmly. Majority of football fans were raving about him and wished they had him in their team. Best defensive stats in the league by far, one of the very best in the CL as well.

I edited my earlier post and don't know if you read it but there's a good chance he's dropped off because he has been run into the ground. In his 2.5 seasons at Benfica he played a total of 56 league games but since he's been back, he's played 50 here already in 1.5 seasons (17 last, 33 this), and will likely end up at 53 by the last matchday. That's a lot of work for anyone, especially one who has to cover so much ground and doesn't possess outstanding physical traits.

I edited my earlier post and don't know if you read it but there's a good chance he's dropped off because he has been run into the ground. In his 2.5 seasons at Benfica he played a total of 56 league games but since he's been back, he's played 50 here already in 1.5 seasons (17 last, 33 this), and will likely end up at 53 by the last matchday. That's a lot of work for anyone, especially one who has to cover so much ground and doesn't possess outstanding physical traits.

Yeah, I hope that's the reason. He could also possibly be running too much. He's still fairly new to the DM role, he's still learning. As he get's older, he should learn to defend less physically and rely more on clever positioning. Even players who have been playing in defensive midfield their entire career usually peak in their late twenties/early thirties.

He needs to work on his right foot in the summer

Definitely. Same goes Willian with his left foot.

For me, 6 is average for the player, so anything above or below that denotes a rise or decline in performances.

Cech - 6/6

Ivanovic - 5/7

Luis - 6/6

Fabregas - 9/7

Zouma - 6/6

Ramires - 5/7

Oscar - 7/5

Hazard - 6/9

Drogba - 6/5

Mikel - 5/6

Courtois - 6/7

Remy - 6/6