Kenyon set to splash the cash

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think if Rijkaard came the youth players would be really happy cause he gives youth a chance.

when he was manager of Sparta Rotterdam he brought in a fucking 15 year old.

Which is why looking at all the criteria we want in a new manager i think he is the best choice for us:

Experience - Yes

A Winner - Yes

Attacking entertaining football - Yes

Will allow youth players a chance - yes

Which is why looking at all the criteria we want in a new manager i think he is the best choice for us:

Experience - Yes

A Winner - Yes

Attacking entertaining football - Yes

Will allow youth players a chance - yes

the only reason i'd be happy if he came.

as a close follower of la liga, i respect the way he has brought out the best from individuals more importantly young players but he has also turned up for matches, even big ones, unprepared and without a plan B, made horrendous team selections, some prefer to call them bold but as long as they dont yield dividends they are crap to me..

but if he came i'd atleast give him a chance.. for which he needs to thank roman and kenyon cos they were smart enough to put grant in as a scapegoat for all the fans frustrations..

At the moment the noises comming out of the club are positive. It seems like Grant will be moved upstairs with a new man to come in. They can see the club needs clearing of deadwood and some exciting talent brought in.

Lets hope that this summer can iron out all the little (and big) problems we currently have and make next season a massive one for this club.

Keepers: Cech, Cudicini, Hilario

Right Backs: Bosingwa, Ferreira, Belletti

Centre Backs: Terry, Carvalho, Alex, Ivanovic, Mancienne, Ben Haim

Left Backs: A.Cole, Bridge

Central Midfield: Essien, Mikel, Ballack, Lampard, Maka, Sidwell

Wingers: J.Cole, Kalou, Sinclair, Malouda

Strikers: Drogba, Anelka, Shevchenko, Di Santo, Pizarro

Keepers - Fine

Right Backs - Sell Ferreira/Belletti

Centre Backs - Sell Ben Haim

Left Backs - Fine

Central Midfield - Sell Sidwell

Wingers - Buy someone, someone world class. Not just good, but someone who will compete with Ronaldo.

Strikers - Sell Pizarro. Sell Drogba. Buy someone world class.

That's what I see happening with the team. Well, that's what I want anyway.

I think Bridge wants to leave. I am not sure. Makalele should be sold now and Mikel should be given more chances.

GK: Cech, Cudicini, Hilario

Centr Half: Terry, Carvalho, Alex, Ivanovic

RB: Boswinga, Ivanovic, Ferriera

LB: Ferriera( plays for Portugal as LB..his natural position), Ashley Cole.

Midfield: Lamps, Ballack, Essien, Mikel, ONE PLAYMAKER(kaka, diego, vandervaart)

Wingers: Joe Cole, Kalou, Scott Sinclar, Dos Santos, Malouda

Strikers: Anelka, Sheva, Di Santo, ONE HIGH PROFILE STRIKER!!!....We also have Kalou.

So, Basically we need one midfielder (a playmaker), one Striker, one Winger(Robinho or Dos Santos or Ribery)

We have basically played with the same 11 for the most part of last 2 seasons. Its time to splash some cash and get some real quality players.

Edited by warnie_666

I hope we keep Sidwell and loan him out till he is ready or just give the kid a chance, I think he has a great deal of potential, and I agree Esk about Rijkaard, but I am still skeptical on weather Grant is gonna get the boot...

Keepers: Cech, Cudicini, Hilario

Right Backs: Bosingwa, Ferreira, Belletti

Centre Backs: Terry, Carvalho, Alex, Ivanovic, Mancienne, Ben Haim

Left Backs: A.Cole, Bridge

Central Midfield: Essien, Mikel, Ballack, Lampard, Maka, Sidwell

Wingers: J.Cole, Kalou, Sinclair, Malouda

Strikers: Drogba, Anelka, Shevchenko, Di Santo, Pizarro

Keepers - Fine

Right Backs - Sell Ferreira/Belletti

Centre Backs - Sell Ben Haim

Left Backs - Fine

Central Midfield - Sell Sidwell

Wingers - Buy someone, someone world class. Not just good, but someone who will compete with Ronaldo.

Strikers - Sell Pizarro. Sell Drogba. Buy someone world class.

That's what I see happening with the team. Well, that's what I want anyway.

agree...someone world class not bentley or downing or ashley young

we are talking about big names....messi, ribery and anyone who performed at euro 2008

its encouraging to hear that keyon is looking at younger players with potential to be stars...i much more prefer this then signing older players with hyped up names...we have enough veteran leadership at the moment anyway...

if the upper management is serious about changing our style of play then we probably need at least these 3 things to happen

1) drogba to be sold and a new striker to be bought - or - somebody to pair up with drogba and a switch to 4-4-2 - not sure if anelka is the right man for this

2) a new manager with experience

3) an exciting and speedy winger to be bought

i think drogs is gone though as you get the feeling that after the red card he is a lame duck now just like jose was...at this stage of his career, considering the change that management seems to want to make - and his actions/attitude this season im guessing he is gone...

Edited by Sunburn

having one of the meanest defence and best midfield in the world....

imagine if we have the galacticos....lol

zidane and figo in the wing with ronaldo/drog/sheva as our striker

I hope we keep Sidwell and loan him out till he is ready or just give the kid a chance

Chelsea won't want to loan Sidwell out! They will want to get rid of him. Besides, I don't think he's cut it here at all. He's more of a player that's good for a mid-table side to be fair. He would be the perfect replacement for Gareth Barry at Villa if he leaves for Liverpool

On another note. I'd love to see Ribery sign for Chelsea. I would also want us to sign Kaka as well, but I doubt if both will join. Actually we have more of a chance signing Ribery than Kaka tbh. Ribery is the French answer to Joe Cole IMO.

i agree that this "Buying decent players" attitude has got to be changed to buying top proven world class players. This season has had such a devastating end, we just need to go and sort it all out without fucking about.

I hope we keep Sidwell and loan him out till he is ready or just give the kid a chance, I think he has a great deal of potential, and I agree Esk about Rijkaard, but I am still skeptical on weather Grant is gonna get the boot...

Thing is Sidwell really isn't a kid, he's not 18, he's well into his 20's and he needs first team football.