Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Diego Godin

Followers 0

The old topic is archived. I don't know, maybe someone can reopen it and merge it with this one?

El Chelsea ofrece 100 'kilos' por Godín, Filipe Luis y Diego Costa

He has a similar release clause to Filipe Luis, €24-25m.

To me is a no-brainer, what a good piece of business this is would be.

One of the best center-backs in Europe, 28, in his prime.

Reliable source also.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old topic is archived. I don't know, maybe someone can reopen it and merge it with this one?

El Chelsea ofrece 100 'kilos' por Godín, Filipe Luis y Diego Costa

He has a similar release clause to Filipe Luis, €24-25m.

To me is a no-brainer, what a good piece of business this is would be.

One of the best center-backs in Europe, 28, in his prime.

Reliable source also.

£100m for the 3? No thanks.

How does that work out? Diego Costa's at 40, Filipe at 25... If anything it's a 90m raid.

It's probably €90m, but you know how journalism works, €100m sounds better, although they say Chelsea will pay almost €50m for Diego Costa.

So it's €50m + €24m + €26m.

But ignore the title, it's Godin's release clause we're talking about. Good money for a great center-back.

So Atletico will lose Courtois, Costa, Godin, Luis to Chelsea, Koke to Barca/ManU/Chelsea, Tiago on free, Miranda to Barca/ManU...if you believe in rumours.

I would bet they will lose max three players.

So Atletico will lose Courtois, Costa, Godin, Luis to Chelsea, Koke to Barca/ManU/Chelsea, Tiago on free, Miranda to Barca/ManU...if you believe in rumours.

Indeed.

They will lose Courtois & Costa (it seems) for sure. Anything else is far too speculative to be honest. Tiago is technically already gone, his contract has expired so he can do as he pleases and they don't really have any control there. I think Koke, Miranda and Godin will stay. Luis will depend on our dealings in that area

They will become a mid table team if thats happen. Seriously, even you have the money, how could you replace all that quality players at the same time?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The Pride of London website says that Chelsea are looking to replace John Terry with Diego Godin.

Reports: Chelsea FC Lining Up Atletico Star As John Terry Replacement

http://theprideoflondon.com/2016/02/13/reports-chelsea-fc-lining-up-atletico-star-as-john-terry-replacement/

With John Terry currently on track to leave Chelsea FC at the end of the season, the Blues are reportedly lining up Atletico Madrid’s Diego Godin as his replacement.

I'm all for this transfer if we can get him for a reasonable amount of money. Not really a better CB available around. Yep years are not on his side but we need a world class CB behind if Terry leaves otherwise it will cost us.

12 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

No way.

He will turn 30 in 3 days.

I agree mate we need a young replacement for JT stones always comes to mind to replace JT

24 minutes ago, the wes said:

I agree mate we need a young replacement for JT stones always comes to mind to replace JT

50m for Stone is too much.Godin is one of the best centre backs and he can still play another 3-4 years.

1 minute ago, the wes said:

Hes not worth £50m  but that's the price u have to pay for English players 

I agree but we could try and buy Gimenez or Marquinhos and they may cost less.

12 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

No way.

He will turn 30 in 3 days.

Godin is one of the best centre backs in the world. Terry will leave at the and of the season so we need a experienced centre back and that's Godin one of the best centre backs.

2 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

I agree but we could try and buy Gimenez or Marquinhos and they may cost less.

I like marquinhos but I don't know if he could cope of the physical side of the PL and I can't see A. Madrid let Gimenez go if they are thinking of letting Godin go I like Godin as well but he's turning 30 soon that's what puts me off him we need a young replacement for JT