• Ramires
    • Schurrle
    • Hazard
    • Mata
    • Torres
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Essien (sub)

Regardless of who people voted for MOTM (I chose Oscar because it's hard to ignore a guy that took part directly in all our goals), it's a sight for the sore eyes to see only AMs and a striker being voted. I'm very thankful for our defenders, but it's progress to see the votes split only between AMs and ST, especially in a match the other team tried to score and we finished with a clean sheet. Hazard and Willian had GREAT matches imo, and I think Ramires and Torres were the ones that created or had our best chances in the first. I'm happy with this prospect. I hope it stays here, clean sheets, good defending, but still eclipsed by our attacking players :)

Well that's a surprise isn't it ?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's a surprise isn't it ?

well, Mate. I've voted for him only a few times this year, I don't have a default vote like some around here do. I guess the guy that gets two assists and a goal can be voted MOTM and 85 people agree with me. Now that's a surprise, isn't it? People voting to the guy who's directly responsible for all three goals we scored. We are such fanboys!!!!

I think it is critical that we get rid of Mata before he becomes a cancer to the team. Did anyone pay attention to his attitude on the bench? He was pouting and trying to bring the team spirit down. Maybe we can transfer him to the MLS and make a bid for Michael Bradley.

Just think Mata needs new scenery. It's not a talent issue but it seems what Jose wants doesn't line up well with how Mata plays. He's not going to MLS there are a lot CL teams that would be interested in Mata.

Like Michael Bradley but he would need to have an extremely strong pairing for the "2". I still think Witsel will be bought in the summer from Zenit.I'd love to see a Witsel/Cabaye pairing or something similar.

I absolutely love Mata, my favourite Chelsea player but I agree that our substitutions changed the game, so credit goes to Jose.

One of our best results of the season for me.

We defended proper solid for the most part which was pleasing, three clean sheets in four now, good to have that resoluteness back at the club. Midfield did well, Torres put in a real good shift but yeah, this game was won by our subs and attacking midfield really. Glad to see Willian net, he worked his bollocks off so thoroughly deserved it. Hazard was impressive in setting up chances especially. Oscar put in one of his best performances of the season I reckon. Shame he dived when there was absolutely no incentive for doing so. Needs to cut that out his game and just focus on his ability, cos he's some player.

Another tough game out of the way with three points in the bag. 10 points from Arsenal (a), Swansea (h), Liverpool (h) and Southampton (a) is a pleasantly surprising return, I was expecting seven maximum but we've changed our style a bit and it's working well.

Man of the Match: Eden Hazard.