Ronaldo wins FIFA Ballon d'Or 2013

Sidzeret

As far as I know the Ballon d'or is an individual award, not an award for a player of the best team. I do agree that team results should be taken into account, as helping your team win the champions league for example is a very good accomplishment. But when another player just towers above any other player with his individual results, than in my opinion that player deserves is 100%.

Congrats Ronaldo!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont get this argument... since RM as a team failed to win anything it should mean that CR as a player who plays the same position as ribery and has scored 7 times the no. of goals in the year does not deserve the ballon dor? what the fuck!!!!

bayern munich won the CL and the bundesliga and the german cup and the super cup and the club world cup. ribery was a part of that team but INDIVIDUALLY CR thulped it. its like saying that if messi/CR go to fulham, score 50 goals, win jack squat, then their performances mean nothing since the their team has not.

well if the "most expensive" team assembled is done by using the logic of

sell ozil and buy bale inspite of having 2 world class wingers in CR and di maria but just a 21 year old kid as a CAM (who by the way is sitting on the bench now), then u can hardly expect them to win something.

well if the "most expensive" team assembled is done by using the logic of

sell ozil and buy bale inspite of having 2 world class wingers in CR and di maria but just a 21 year old kid as a CAM (who by the way is sitting on the bench now), then u can hardly expect them to win something.

Yes a team comprised of CRonaldo, Bale, Benzema, Di Maria, Isco, Alonso, Marcelo, Varane, Khedira, Casillas, Ramos, Modric can hardly be expected to win a single trophy.

Yes a team comprised of CRonaldo, Bale, Benzema, Di Maria, Isco, Alonso, Marcelo, Varane, Khedira, Casillas, Ramos, Modric can hardly be expected to win a single trophy.

last season they were the finalists of copa del ray, gathered a MASSIVE 85 points in the league but still lost the league to barca, and were the semi-finalists of CL. u would hardly call it a "poor season" but thats the expectations that come with RM.

also it was a team which was in dispute with its manager who had totally lost the dressing room. there seemed no cohesion in the team.

but seems perfectly fair to deny CR the ballon d'or cos of shitty defensive performances by pepe and ramos against BVB to let in 4 goals.

last season they were the finalists of copa del ray, gathered a MASSIVE 85 points in the league but still lost the league to barca, and were the semi-finalists of CL. u would hardly call it a "poor season" but thats the expectations that come with RM.

also it was a team which was in dispute with its manager who had totally lost the dressing room. there seemed no cohesion in the team.

but seems perfectly fair to deny CR the ballon d'or cos of shitty defensive performances by pepe and ramos against BVB to let in 4 goals.

I agree that CR deserve balon d'or but last year he was one of the main problem for RM.

I haven't watched Real at all this season so I don't know about this season, but last year one of RM main problems was their left side, every team knows that you want to attack CR side because he does not really want to defend ( I remember Jurgen Klopp even mentioned it in his interview).

Against poorer side, it is not a problem but against good team like BVB it was a problem