Playmakers

Playmakers  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's playmaker this season?

• Juan Mata - Proven
    • Oscar - Creative
    • Kevin de Bruyne - Pass-Master
    • Eden Hazard - Explosive

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin de Bruyne's passing is as good as Mata's. But he's versatile, so I think de Bruyne will spend more time on the flanks

This is the main thing for me...

I think Mata is definitely better (as of right now) and will play in that role. de Bruyne can easily play there, but KDB can just as well do the same thing from the right, whilst giving us more width and excellent wide delivery. With Mata on the right, we will definitely be narrow. He would have to cut in more. With KDB there it gives us more freedom. He will still drift in of course, and with Azpi on the overlap we at times will have a middle 3.

Can't wait to see some of the linkup play between Hazard Mata and KDB, and thats not even including Oscar who is just as good.

I hate it when terms from other sports are used in football. What exactly do you mean by play maker? We have a hand full of players that can create chances and "make play": Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Luiz, Lampard, KDB..etc and they can all be part of the team and create play. Why should we choose one?

agree ,,even more so I hate when they talk about playing a quarter back role ... The idea of relying on one creative "playmaker" suggests

a side short of creative players ... with one playmaker a team can be nullified ,,but with a team with many creative players (which we have ) it is much more difficult to defend against ,,even by" parking the bus "

Mou already hinted he would like Mata on the right. He said he likes it when his LW plays with the right foot and his RW plays with the left foot, and he mentioned Mata as the only left footed player who can play on the right.

This is the main thing for me...

I think Mata is definitely better (as of right now) and will play in that role. de Bruyne can easily play there, but KDB can just as well do the same thing from the right, whilst giving us more width and excellent wide delivery. With Mata on the right, we will definitely be narrow. He would have to cut in more. With KDB there it gives us more freedom. He will still drift in of course, and with Azpi on the overlap we at times will have a middle 3.

Can't wait to see some of the linkup play between Hazard Mata and KDB, and thats not even including Oscar who is just as good.

Oscar is the least versatile. He'll either be 2nd-choice to Mata or play deeper