Playmakers

Playmakers  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's playmaker this season?

• Juan Mata - Proven
    • Oscar - Creative
    • Kevin de Bruyne - Pass-Master
    • Eden Hazard - Explosive

Chelsea have a problem of plenty when it comes to playmakers. Last season, Juan Mata played the role for the bulk of the season and did a brilliant job of it - 17 goals and 22 assists only enhancing the argument for him. But Chelsea also have Brazil's #10 Oscar and the returning Kevin de Bruyne in the squad, not to mention Eden Hazard. Each of them brings a slightly different skill-set, so who do you think should be Chelsea's playmaker this season? and more importantly Why?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when terms from other sports are used in football. What exactly do you mean by play maker? We have a hand full of players that can create chances and "make play": Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Luiz, Lampard, KDB..etc and they can all be part of the team and create play. Why should we choose one?

I hate it when terms from other sports are used in football. What exactly do you mean by play maker? We have a hand full of players that can create chances and "make play": Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Luiz, Lampard, KDB..etc and they can all be part of the team and create play. Why should we choose one?

In flemish we call a 10 a playmaker, Nour.

In flemish we call a 10 a playmaker, Nour.

Well to my understanding, that is different. For me, the number 10 is a position on the pitch, while a play maker is a role and an ability of the player.

Quite correct actually. Playmaker is a role. One mstly given to a 10 - so some people mix them up. As long as we don't have a point guard i'm fine with that :Goober:

Centre Attacking Mid or CM, Last year Oscar and Eden Hazard were played on the wings. There are a lot of people posting here that they will do better at CAM or in central role.

Playmaker may not be the term to clearly express what i wanted to say as you can have playmakers at different positions/levels. i meant operating centrally

Centre Attacking Mid or CM, Last year Oscar and Eden Hazard were played on the wings. There are a lot of people posting here that they will do better at CAM or in central role.

Playmaker may not be the term to clearly express what i wanted to say as you can have playmakers at different positions/levels. i meant operating centrally

Even though Eden and Oscar often played on the wing both often played the role of the play maker. I don't worry much about who will play centrally on paper because on the pitch the 3 attacking midfielders will often rotate unless the manager asks them to stick to their positions.

If I have to chose one to start centrally it would be Mata simply because he was by far our best player last season playing in that position.

Even though Eden and Oscar often played on the wing both often played the role of the play maker. I don't worry much about who will play centrally on paper because on the pitch the 3 attacking midfielders will often rotate unless the manager asks them to stick to their positions.

If I have to chose one to start centrally it would be Mata simply because he was by far our best player last season playing in that position.

doesn't happen as often as you think. sure there will be swapping and such but if you look at last season, generally, it was Oscar and hazard on the wings and Mata in the middle.

doesn't happen as often as you think. sure there will be swapping and such but if you look at last season, generally, it was Oscar and hazard on the wings and Mata in the middle.

That's because Rafa switched to 4-4-1-1 with Mata playing more as a second striker. They did not switch that often because Juan was playing ahead of them. But if you remember under Robbie, they were swapping all the time and it was hard to tell who was playing where. If Jose intends to play a classical 4-2-3-1 (which I doubt) they will most likely be exchanging positions.

Mata, the magician any time....he is our player of the year...eventhough hazard can be good at central but mata is so good in creativity...At the end it doesnt matter because attacking mids often rotate