What is wrong with our delivery?!

This one is bugging me for a while now. We sure have lot of creativity in Mazacar, but besides numerous assists and passes none of them actualy plays role to just support attack and deliver ball to striker.

Snchweini in Bayern, Gundogan at Bvb, Alonso in Real, Carrick in manu, Gerrard in Lpool. This players are what we desperately need in our team. Mata and Hazard are more finishers rather distributors of the ball to attack from midfield. Both posses dribbling, flair etc but both fail when you need regular crosses in middle. When opponent closes all ways and we cant beat that wall Mata and Hazard are useless. Sure in all those 100 passes they will probably send one to Ba (or whoever) who will then score, but they are realy furious to watch in such games like City last time. Mata has the ball, looks like creator of our team but he is no where near to be leader when comes to big matches vs better teams. Neither is Oscar. The reason why we bought him I will never understand. He is superb talent, but he is #10. We tried to buy Modric who is dlp and we signed Oscar who is not even close to dlp (there were guys that knew him saying how great he will fit in our pivot, yeah sure...). I dont see Mazacar playing together and beating everyone. Either the formation or lack of other player (striker, dlp, defence) but that wont work.

Another thing are full backs. I wont speak of LB, Cole is old and Ryan needs some time (he was good so far), but Azpi? He looks like great defender with big inconsistency (like most of young defenders) but his crossing is awful. Bosingwa 2.0. Sorry but just watch his crossing when we are in need for a goal. He always loses ball or sends it over the line behind ball.

When comes to our team, I see soo many problems. We dont have proper striker, we dont have proper wingers, we dont have consistent defence, we dont have all round full backs, we dont have steel in players, we dont have consistency, we dont have long shot takers, we dont have players in their prime (either our players are too old and past best like Terry, Cole, or young like Mazacar, Azpi,...). We dont have hard workers, we dont have formation, we dont have proper board and coach, we dont have leaders on pitch. We dont have depth. We dont have long ball passers. We lack crossers. We lack deep playmakers, we lack fighting dm, we lack support to strikers in big games. We lack strenght in Mata.

What we have is talent. God help us that they reach potential or else...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of our crosses seem to be floated in for some reason, which given our striker is 6ft and the rest immediately behind him arn't makes it much harder. Definately think we should drill more crosses in, rather than just loop them up. But it has been terrible for some reason, especially considering how good mata and co are from centre playing those balls over the top and spreading the play outwide.

You've answered your own question lol, we don't have that type of player yet. Modric would've been the vital signing among all these players.

YEs but the problem is with Oscar then, also who will be partner to Modric for example?

YEs but the problem is with Oscar then, also who will be partner to Modric for example?

I'd slot him in this infamous "double pivot". It allows him to exercise his passing range as well as allowing him to sit deep and make drives forward when it's necessary. Oscar is vital to our squad imo.

I'd slot him in this infamous "double pivot". It allows him to exercise his passing range as well as allowing him to sit deep and make drives forward when it's necessary. Oscar is vital to our squad imo.

Oscar and Modric together?

I've been saying this forever, mainly in Torres defense lol. Meeer, we've such incredibly creative players, but I don't understand for what reason they don't play for the striker even if it's BA.

Mata could provide those crosses and through balls if he want, but he's so badass, Just against city, he passed couple of crosses from the deep and they were fucking awesome. He need to do that more. Oscar and De Bruyne are totally capable of doing exactly the same, they would be perfect for the Play maker role.

Oh and we need to get rid of Mikel, and get someone like KHEDIRA.

I've been saying this forever, mainly in Torres defense lol. Meeer, we've such incredibly creative players, but I don't understand for what reason they don't play for the striker even if it's BA.

Mata could provide those crosses and through balls if he want, but he's so badass, Just against city, he passed couple of crosses from the deep and they were fucking awesome. He need to do that more. Oscar and De Bruyne are totally capable of doing exactly the same, they would be perfect for the Play maker role.

Oh and we need to get rid of Mikel, and get someone like KHEDIRA.

Lol, i read that line, "mainly, torres in defence"... I was like WTF?

Haven't seen Gundogan's delivery, but i am a fan of his and think he would be a great adition.

I believe if we seriously chase him we might get him,he is not dortmund born and bred like reus,gotze,bender etc he is from gelsenkirchen plus he has not signed a new contract as well so we might have chance.

This one is bugging me for a while now. We sure have lot of creativity in Mazacar, but besides numerous assists and passes none of them actualy plays role to just support attack and deliver ball to striker.

Snchweini in Bayern, Gundogan at Bvb, Alonso in Real, Carrick in manu, Gerrard in Lpool. This players are what we desperately need in our team. Mata and Hazard are more finishers rather distributors of the ball to attack from midfield. Both posses dribbling, flair etc but both fail when you need regular crosses in middle. When opponent closes all ways and we cant beat that wall Mata and Hazard are useless. Sure in all those 100 passes they will probably send one to Ba (or whoever) who will then score, but they are realy furious to watch in such games like City last time. Mata has the ball, looks like creator of our team but he is no where near to be leader when comes to big matches vs better teams. Neither is Oscar. The reason why we bought him I will never understand. He is superb talent, but he is #10. We tried to buy Modric who is dlp and we signed Oscar who is not even close to dlp (there were guys that knew him saying how great he will fit in our pivot, yeah sure...). I dont see Mazacar playing together and beating everyone. Either the formation or lack of other player (striker, dlp, defence) but that wont work.

Another thing are full backs. I wont speak of LB, Cole is old and Ryan needs some time (he was good so far), but Azpi? He looks like great defender with big inconsistency (like most of young defenders) but his crossing is awful. Bosingwa 2.0. Sorry but just watch his crossing when we are in need for a goal. He always loses ball or sends it over the line behind ball.

When comes to our team, I see soo many problems. We dont have proper striker, we dont have proper wingers, we dont have consistent defence, we dont have all round full backs, we dont have steel in players, we dont have consistency, we dont have long shot takers, we dont have players in their prime (either our players are too old and past best like Terry, Cole, or young like Mazacar, Azpi,...). We dont have hard workers, we dont have formation, we dont have proper board and coach, we dont have leaders on pitch. We dont have depth. We dont have long ball passers. We lack crossers. We lack deep playmakers, we lack fighting dm, we lack support to strikers in big games. We lack strenght in Mata.

What we have is talent. God help us that they reach potential or else...

Why compare Mata and Hazard to dlp's ? They aren't dlp, but AM. Same with why they don't cross much. They aren't out and out wingers. They're AM's that operate centrally and thrive on quick 1-2's.

1 thing i've wondered about our tactics is why we're crossing the ball into the box. I mean really who do we expect to head it in ? Hazard ? Mata ? Oscar ?

We should just try to emulate a small part of Barcelona's tactic. Using our fullbacks for width and trying to stretch the defense so some space opens up centrally for Mata, Hazard and Oscar to exploit.

We should instruct our fullbacks to only cross that ball in when they see someone open and preferably do it over the ground. Else just pass it back and keep possession.