Spike's Transfers Out!

Spike

Gael Kauta

Bye bye. You'll never make it lad, your like a headless rooster, running around dribbling with no real end game. Much like Marin in the respect. Despite the circle jerks over him when he was a teenager he has turned out like so many wasted talents.

Conclusion: Ligue Un? Ligue Deux?

Erm, Gael Kauta who???

And Spike, I'm disappointed that a certain blonde Spaniard is not in the list....

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop bolding words just so you can get likes :ph34r:

But no seriously, I love you for having the balls to add Ivanovic to the list. :clap:

Erm, Gael Kauta who???

And Spike, I'm disappointed that a certain blonde Spaniard is not in the list....

I was going to add Cole and Torres to the list but I forgot.

Sell Ramires? Mikel's our only holding midfielder.

Regarding Mr Spiegel's post I'm not so sure about the Ivanovic thing since I think he takes a very low salary so why would u want to sell him? I think he has 1 more year in him and after that I think we will still be able to sell him for a good price since Madrid rate him highly.

Mayne, we would have to sell Ramires if we get someone like Modrich and De Bryune back. Plus we would be shopping for an actual efficient defensive midfieder too :P

Oi and MIKEL? WELL HE'S FUCKING SHIT. Don't make me turn this legendry top gun thread to another thread of Mikel's passing percentage :P

Mayne, we would have to sell Ramires if we get someone like Modrich and De Bryune back. Plus we would be shopping for an actual efficient defensive midfieder too :P

Oi and MIKEL? WELL HE'S FUCKING SHIT. Don't make me turn this legendry top gun thread to another thread of Mikel's passing percentage :P

88.8% in all competitions(90.2 in EPL,89.2 in UCL,84.7 in Europa League). Not bad IMO. Mikel's a good squad player and is a good player when u need to grind out results. I agree he's not World-Class but no point in

selling him. What does Mikel have to do with calling De Bruyune back? Also De Bruyune's an attacking midfielder. Ramires will keep improving IMO.

(I copy/pasted the stat from WhoScored.com so it's in bold)

88.8% in all competitions(90.2 in EPL,89.2 in UCL,84.7 in Europa League). Not bad IMO. Mikel's a good squad player and is a good player when u need to grind out results. I agree he's not World-Class but no point in

selling him. What does Mikel have to do with calling De Bruyune back? Also De Bruyune's an attacking midfielder. Ramires will keep improving IMO.

What does pass completion have to do with anything?

Against Southampton and Rubin Kazan, his pass completion was above 84% which is great. Did he play well in those matches?

Branislav Ivanovic

Yeah, that's right. Bane. I don't think he is up to standard. He has purple patches but he doesn't look comfortable as a CB or a RB and that's just not good enough for me. I suppose he could play as a cover but personally I think a replacement is ideal. I like him I really do, but I think his standards are dropping fast. He was such a beast in 09/10 and was solid in 10/11 but since then he has really dropped a few notches.

Conclusion: He still a good player and he'd end up a great club in Germany or somewhere.

EDIT: I forgot some players that I intended to write up.

Ashley Cole or Ryan Bertrand

I think either Cole or Bertrand need to leave with Luke Shaw coming in. Cole is still good but deteriorating fast. I don't think his ankle is handling all his playing time very well. If I'm not mistaken he has been nursing a slightly dodge ankle ever since his Arsenal days. But Cole should only leave if a substantial offer from PSG or Madrid is put on the table. Bertrand on the other hand is solid, not great, already Shaw has surpassed him. Bertrand has put in some amazing displays like Arsenal for instance, but he just hasn't had enough playing time for everyone to gauge what his average performance level is.

Conclusion: Next season, it needs to be either Cole and Shaw or Bertrand and Shaw. I'm leaning towards Cole and Shaw.

And to top it off Ramires should be a utility player not a guaranteed starter. His passing and technique are crazy inconsistent. However his pace and work rate are irreplaceable, so I don't think he should be sold.

the others are nobrainers, but these two are the interesting ones.

I'd say it is to early to say goodbye to Ivan, he is probably our most solid CB right now. JT's decline has come so early and rapidly, it would be an extreme blow for us to lose both of them within a year and would pressurize us to replace them both. We also would be short of cover in the RB spot. It is right he has cost us this sseason on multiple occasions, esp in big games, but we still need him.

We are unlikely to sell Cole, he has just renewed his contract.

Also highly improbable is a substantial offer. This guy is 31 and has one year contract. If he goes in summer it'll be 8m or so. He has almost no market value.

I also see Luke shaw coming in but only as early as next season, so why not keep both with Ryan Bertrand being backup for Cole and afterwards Shaw? Also there is Patrick van Aanholt...

All in all, shedding out 6 first team players out of our anyway paperthin squad requires buys. We cannot simply make up for it with recalling our Youth players as back ups. they will only develop when they get playing time regularly, that is why we need, older, more experienced back-ups who do not rely on that too much, which we will have to buy.

I hate you -__- . Aright, whatever. Let me remind you, that those perfect passes were largely made to Cech and fellow defenders? Oi, and now someone really baddass c: would come with a chart that shows he has passed more forward than backward, which is satan's trick, ntm, that cunt a manu fan, and wants us to stuck with mikel like forever, so we could never win a trophy again ): #666 #Kabalah

Oi, and his forward passes are the ones he has made to Luiz, Ramires #bravo #whatalad #givehimanother10yearstofuckus

and some to Mata aswell, when Mata actually has to drop deep in the first place cause of him, cause he's so badass to give him the ball c: . #yolo

We're the fucking champions of EUROPE, not a pub team. I'm pretty sure, even a pub team won't buy Mikel :P #4realz #notaracist

Cole isn't going anywhere. Bertrand will probably get another year and in all likelihood a deal for Shaw that includes a year at Southampton is the best we can hope for.

Torres still needs to go, and hopefully his recent burst of good form will tempt some buyers.

Ivanovic has had a poor patch this year, but he's been good in recent games and it's too early to say he'll be gone in the summer.

Why no Lamps? Out of contract, doesn't fit our system and would cost a fair bit. His agent also thinks his teammates have demeaned themselves by being covered in paint (to sell t-shirts, which helps pay their wages - oh the horror!) so surrounding him with people like Mata, Terry and Hazard might not be to his liking. Been a weak link in far too many games this year.

Most of these are no brainers...

However, there is absolutely no reason to get rid of Turnbull nor Ivanovic. No one is asking them to start, but you need depth!

Yes, we need a new CB, but why get rid of Ivanovic in a period where Terry is about to retire? We will get rid of a true Chelsea player who can play both RB and CB to end up with only Luiz/Cahill/New CB? And on RB, Azi and Wallace?

Also, a club needs 3 GKs. Cech, Balckman and who else? Turnbull must continue in the squad and I am he will.

No Lampard though? He is the most controversial player on this aspect and he went missing...

Stop bolding words just so you can get likes :ph34r:

What words did he bold in the middle of the text? Bolds are universally used to diferentiate titles, which he did! :doh:

Now, because Jake is an asshole, he will bold things to make me look bad! :lol:

What words did he bold in the middle of the text? Bolds are universally used to diferentiate titles, which he did! :doh:

Now, because Jake is an asshole, he will bold things to make me look bad! :lol:

I am not an asshole. I'm a cunt get it right, fuckface.

What does pass completion have to do with anything?

Against Southampton and Rubin Kazan, his pass completion was above 84% which is great. Did he play well in those matches?

I hate you -__- . Aright, whatever. Let me remind you, that those perfect passes were largely made to Cech and fellow defenders? Oi, and now someone really baddass c: would come with a chart that shows he has passed more forward than backward, which is satan's trick, ntm, that cunt a manu fan, and wants us to stuck with mikel like forever, so we could never win a trophy again ): #666 #Kabalah

Oi, and his forward passes are the ones he has made to Luiz, Ramires #bravo #whatalad #givehimanother10yearstofuckus

and some to Mata aswell, when Mata actually has to drop deep in the first place cause of him, cause he's so badass to give him the ball c: . #yolo

We're the fucking champions of EUROPE, not a pub team. I'm pretty sure, even a pub team won't buy Mikel :P #4realz #notaracist

@onlyplacetobe The only reason I mentioned Pass Completion rate was because it was mentioned that Mikel had a poor pass completion rate.

It's amazing how BackStreet just guessed what my next link would be: http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/8/19/3253716/dispelling-myths-john-obi-mikel-always-passes-it-sideways-chelsea-cf

as much as I agree on selling one of Cole or Bertrand you do have to ask yourself who we would replace them with. Luke Shaw you say. I know the guy is a fantastic talent and could be amazing but he's still 17 years old. Do you really think he is a suitable replacement for Ashley Cole, playing 40+ games per season at the highest level? Do you have so much faith in him that you think he is ready to play Left back in the Champions League and deal with Di Maria, Ronaldo, Hulk, Robben, Sanchez etc.? I have no doubt that he could be great but if we sign him he should be 2nd choice to Cole or a world class left back for a few years.

Cole isn't great going forward IMO. He gets forward yes but so often he won't actually cross he will pass the ball back into the middle. Bertrand is better going forward but can be an absolute shambles defensively. I can't see him ever being first choice for us because I just don't think he is good enough. By all means keep him as a squad player and back up but nothing more than that. However, if we were to get rid of Cole and bring in a younger world class left back who would it be? There are not that many world class left backs. It is a department severely lacking in players that can get forward and defend very well which is essential in the modern game.

Monreal would have been a great signing. Other than that there is Alaba, Ansaldi (Rubin Kazan), Nagatomo, Baines (hi Alex ;) ), Coentrao and Marcelo.

as much as I agree on selling one of Cole or Bertrand you do have to ask yourself who we would replace them with. Luke Shaw you say. I know the guy is a fantastic talent and could be amazing but he's still 17 years old. Do you really think he is a suitable replacement for Ashley Cole, playing 40+ games per season at the highest level? Do you have so much faith in him that you think he is ready to play Left back in the Champions League and deal with Di Maria, Ronaldo, Hulk, Robben, Sanchez etc.? I have no doubt that he could be great but if we sign him he should be 2nd choice to Cole or a world class left back for a few years.

Cole isn't great going forward IMO. He gets forward yes but so often he won't actually cross he will pass the ball back into the middle. Bertrand is better going forward but can be an absolute shambles defensively. I can't see him ever being first choice for us because I just don't think he is good enough. By all means keep him as a squad player and back up but nothing more than that. However, if we were to get rid of Cole and bring in a younger world class left back who would it be? There are not that many world class left backs. It is a department severely lacking in players that can get forward and defend very well which is essential in the modern game.

Monreal would have been a great signing. Other than that there is Alaba, Ansaldi (Rubin Kazan), Nagatomo, Baines (hi Alex ;) ), Coentrao and Marcelo.

Yes, I do. Age is just a number to me, I fully think Shaw can handle playing at the top level dealing with the players you listed. I have so much faith in this kid, you can not even being to comprehend. I think he is equally adept as Raphael Varane; a 19 year old CB that starts for Real Madrid. If Varane can do it for Real, Shaw can do it for Chelsea.

I get what you are saying, but that applies for 2014, because LB is not a priority for us to spend big time money when we still desperately need a top DLP, ST an CB.

IMO, we should keep both Cole and Bertrand for next season, fix those more important roles and ser how things turn out in 2014. Maybe Shaw has improved or one of your suggestions are in a delicate contract sotuation. Who knows!

Most of these are no brainers...

However, there is absolutely no reason to get rid of Turnbull nor Ivanovic. No one is asking them to start, but you need depth!

Also, a club needs 3 GKs. Cech, Balckman and who else? Turnbull must continue in the squad and I am he will.

He offers absolutely nothing. About 75% of games he has been involved in over the last 3 years he has made some sort of stupid error. Don't tell me you don't brick it when Turnbull comes for a cross or someone takes a shot. I wouldn't go as far as to say that he has cost us a game but I know I don't and I'm sure the back 4 don't feel anywhere near as confident with him in goal.

Blackman needs a loan to a professional team in league 1 or 2 before we can consider him as a back up for Cech IMO. He has looked good for the under 21's but playing regularly for a professional team will really help his development.

As for who else: well there are thousands of goalkeepers out there. We want one that would be happy to sit on the bench for most of the time but also be financially viable. There are tons of them around Europe

sorry to disagree ;)

He offers absolutely nothing. About 75% of games he has been involved in over the last 3 years he has made some sort of stupid error. Don't tell me you don't brick it when Turnbull comes for a cross or someone takes a shot. I wouldn't go as far as to say that he has cost us a game but I know I don't and I'm sure the back 4 don't feel anywhere near as confident with him in goal.

Blackman needs a loan to a professional team in league 1 or 2 before we can consider him as a back up for Cech IMO. He has looked good for the under 21's but playing regularly for a professional team will really help his development.

As for who else: well there are thousands of goalkeepers out there. We want one that would be happy to sit on the bench for most of the time but also be financially viable. There are tons of them around Europe

I dont like Turnbull at all, not even a tiny bit. I just dont see the need to waist time trying to buy a good goalkeeper that is willing to sit on the bench his whole career without complaining or messing up with the dressing room mood because of it.

I honestly see no problem with him staying and falling down to third choice or whatever!

We have too many problems to give ourselves more headache by focusing on replacing a second choice GK, LB and third choice CB/RB.

sorry to disagree ;)

Dude, fucking relax! :)

There really is no problem in disagreeing with me and nor is by playing and joking.