Rio Ferdinand Named England Captain

DavidEU

That game was the biggest shower of shit ive seen since Englands last 50 friendlies. What a complete waste of time. I dont even know why i watch them. On the plus side, the best player on the pitch was Nicolas Anelka by a distance. Dont even think we had a shot on target. Utter shite.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we were awful, no creation in the final third, one moment JT and co. at the back stopped concentrating and we let Anelka through. Lucky the ref decided to be lenient and not punish James otherwise we'd have gotten slaughtered.

Typical England performance. No creativity, a defensive formation and mentality employed, and possibly the worst team selection Capello could have made. Barry and Hargreaves?

Its the same as it was under the Egg.

Guest Lampards Bitch

That game was shite. I actually didnt want to watch anymore as the game went on but I persisted with it. The were terrible. And Rio as captain!! It really is laughable.

That game was shite. I actually didnt want to watch anymore as the game went on but I persisted with it. The were terrible. And Rio as captain!! It really is laughable.

Spot on...

Analkas little summersault was the more intresting thing.As soon as you were sure he didnt break anything it was kinda eh how did he break anything?If he landed on his arm that been it or his neck that been even worse.

Soon as they took our players of lost intrest lol Ashley Cole was just there running lol.Becks look knackered when he came off...dont think he'll reach 101.

When they arranged this they prob thought it'd be a warm up for Euros with both teams through...how wrong they were lol

And Moulda ran!!!

Edited by Laylabelle

Feel sorry for the fans that paid hundreds of pounds to go over and watch that....

Absolutely, i feel sorry enough for ME that had to sit there and watch it on the TV.

For the life of me i can't understand how players like Beckham, Barry, Brown, Crouch, Downing ect.. are STILL getting games for England! Time to start looking at younger players and give them a chance rather than these plums!!!

Absolutely, i feel sorry enough for ME that had to sit there and watch it on the TV.

For the life of me i can't understand how players like Beckham, Barry, Brown, Crouch, Downing ect.. are STILL getting games for England! Time to start looking at younger players and give them a chance rather than these plums!!!

It's also the players attitude, they couldnt give a flying fuck abouit playing for England. Noticed this over the last 5 or so years. They're more interested in the CL next week. ..so am I to be honest.

It's also the players attitude, they couldnt give a flying fuck abouit playing for England. Noticed this over the last 5 or so years. They're more interested in the CL next week. ..so am I to be honest.

Your not wrong there. But the fans passion for the England internationals has been banged out of us over the years by the performances on the pitch!

Your not wrong there. But the fans passion for the England internationals has been banged out of us over the years by the performances on the pitch!

There has always been so much hype for the national team, always ending in failure. :)

This tenure will be no different. Capello is just interested in adding to his multi million pound art collection I suspect, the players more interested in their domestic clubs, and next car collection.

However,You do see a slightly different England in tournaments to be fair, and last night was a meaningless friendly, although not so meaningless for France.

Bottom line is theres way too much money swishing about and primadonnas quite happy to do fuck all on the gravy train.

Hungry nationalistic teams like Croatia, or passionate teams like Brazil win tournaments

Absolutely, there is something very wrong with English football...

Also doesn't explain why certain players are STILL being picked when they are plainly not good enough at international level, and certainly not when we are playing even half decent teams let alone the Frances, Italys and Brazils....

Absolutely, there is something very wrong with English football...

Also doesn't explain why certain players are STILL being picked when they are plainly not good enough at international level, and certainly not when we are playing even half decent teams let alone the Frances, Italys and Brazils....

Agree, but it's subjective over player selections -your choices are going to be different from other peoples etc., though there are some glaring mistakes named on the squad sheet.

Capello may be McClaren in disguise, or is looking at evolving the squad -he's plenty of time :)

Agree, but it's subjective over player selections -your choices are going to be different from other peoples etc., though there are some glaring mistakes named on the squad sheet.

Capello may be McClaren in disguise, or is looking at evolving the squad -he's plenty of time :)

I am sure that he is just trying things out and it would have (hopefully) been a good lesson to him as to which players can cope at that level.

Brown, Crouch, Barry and Beckham for example shouldn't be anywhere near an England team.......

Also another thing that is quite obvious from recent years of England performances - England play 4-4-2 anything else is a waste of time....

I am sure that he is just trying things out and it would have (hopefully) been a good lesson to him as to which players can cope at that level.

Brown, Crouch, Barry and Beckham for example shouldn't be anywhere near an England team.......

Also another thing that is quite obvious from recent years of England performances - England play 4-4-2 anything else is a waste of time....

Its dangerous to get stuck in a 4-4-2 rut. different formations and fluidity needs to be experimented with. Every English game used to be played with a 2-3-5 formation until a certain Hungary and Puskas whacked six past us at Wembley.

England need to play like latin, Southern European teams -holding the ball, possession, controlling the tempo/opponents heart rate etc instead of the ''hoof it to Shrek'' tactics when pressurised.