Fernando Torres

Bollocks, NUFC just rejected an improved offer for Carrol.

You worry too much.

Newcastle know Liverpool are going to get in excess of £50m for Torres,hence why they're trying to squeeze more money from Liverpool.And if they want Carroll so badly,they will make a 3rd offer before 11pm.

It's going to be a VERY long night folks,trust me.

They just mentioned 'improved' bid, so all we know it should be £30mil+ but we can't say that it was surely £35mil mate.

methinks Newcastle will accept £38m-42m.This will include add on's such as England appearences and dare i say,champions league appearences.

Don't rule that theory out.If Liverpool fuck us around too much over Torres,we could swoop for Carroll and still end up with change.

Never say never.

I'd love that :lol: but if Newcastle won't accept £35million from them, I doubt we're bidding on top of it :lol:

I still prefer your optimistic view though :rolleyes:

Talksport again: "Chelsea have altered their bid again. There is to be no part-exchange involving Nicolas Anelka or any other player. The bid is now £48 million straight cash."

why not just add 2MILLIONS :s

My prediction on all this: Liverpool won't sign anyone, Torres deal will be stalled and won't be completed. Chelsea come out tomorrow stating "our squad can cope without reinforcements" -- Perhaps so. I personally would do damage limitation in EPL this season(give max, won't rule anything out), give our utter most in the Champions League and the FA Cup. I see us doing revamps to the squad during the summer - and perhaps rightly so seeing the sums. On the other hand it is the 31st January evening... ;)