Physical & Mental health

Leif

Good on you mate. :) What are your goals?

I'm taking my 4th day off training today - feels like eternity though it's only 4 days. Will get back go gym tomorrow for some chest and triceps day. The reason I took the break was because of studying and most of all I started to experience over training symptoms - fatigue, joint/muscle pains, insomnia etc. Refilled protein and creatine stocks a few days ago so should be ready to keep going strong from now on. Bought 100% whey protein so will see if it is as good as the reviews are. :D

To be honest im not really taking it too seriously. my goal is to reach 68kg (i was 63kg on day 0) by June. im expecting to be able to easily achieve that and i hope to hit 70kg. but i want at least 68. after that im going to regain some cardio and to motivate myself for that im entering a local 10 mile race in July where i hope to place in a competative postion, not just run it for the sake of it.

I want to make sure its muscle as well. diet is pretty hard, but im not too worried about gaining a bit of fat (as long as its not too much!) as i would expect to lose that during the cardio training.

So im basically taking it easy, no real intense targets, i know im going to be motivated to keep it up. 5 resistance training a week is more than enough, trying to eat as well as i can and just having fun. its been 7 days. im not going to weigh myself till day 14 though and im not taking pictures again till day 14.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be honest im not really taking it too seriously. my goal is to reach 68kg (i was 63kg on day 0) by June. im expecting to be able to easily achieve that and i hope to hit 70kg. but i want at least 68. after that im going to regain some cardio and to motivate myself for that im entering a local 10 mile race in July where i hope to place in a competative postion, not just run it for the sake of it.

I want to make sure its muscle as well. diet is pretty hard, but im not too worried about gaining a bit of fat (as long as its not too much!) as i would expect to lose that during the cardio training.

So im basically taking it easy, no real intense targets, i know im going to be motivated to keep it up. 5 resistance training a week is more than enough, trying to eat as well as i can and just having fun. its been 7 days. im not going to weigh myself till day 14 though and im not taking pictures again till day 14.

That's cool, always great to have some sort of motivation going, be it a running comp or what not. I dont know why but I dont enjoy individual competitions like running or cross country skiing for results. Though when it comes to football or any other team sport I'm the most confident person on the field, like in my own element wanting to win the damn thing.

Well mate, lets not kid ourselves, you have a very strict regime and goals you want to achieve. I dont know you that well, only from what you have posted, but you seem a determined lad with sport being a lifestyle for you not a chore so im 100% sure you will achieve your named targets.

Nice...

I need targets though. When I lost 30kgs in Korea, I was measuring myself on a daily basis. I remember one day I measure myself and I went up 1.5-2 kgs from the day before and realized I drank few bottles of alcohol and ate tons of red meat that night. So, I didn't eat red meat, fatty sugar, oils, alcohol, etc for like 3 months.

I need the pressure and the visuals of numbers to see that I am progressing to my goal. It helps me obtain my goals better and puts stress on me (Probably why I only lost .5 kg this week, since I measure myself only once).

I've had my bf measured before with machines and constantly have a visual how my body should look like at certain bf levels. It's no way accurate but if there's ab definition it can't be that high. :D Hope you achieve your goal mate.

Nice. I got rid of my love handles from the Holiday season and getting back to my "girly" ab definition! lol

Nice...

I need targets though. When I lost 30kgs in Korea, I was measuring myself on a daily basis. I remember one day I measure myself and I went up 1.5-2 kgs from the day before and realized I drank few bottles of alcohol and ate tons of red meat that night. So, I didn't eat red meat, fatty sugar, oils, alcohol, etc for like 3 months.

I need the pressure and the visuals of numbers to see that I am progressing to my goal. It helps me obtain my goals better and puts stress on me (Probably why I only lost .5 kg this week, since I measure myself only once).

Nice. I got rid of my love handles from the Holiday season and getting back to my "girly" ab definition! lol

Or maybe you're already in decent shape but your mind doesn't want to 'progress' along, so you still have this more of a negative self image? Plus starting from a certain point you will start to lose weight slower and that is a good thing, more healthier in the long run! :) Stop being so hard on yourself mate.

Its day 14, I am unable to weigh myself due to some broken scales which is really annoying. Ive taken photos and, even though its hard to compare properly, comapred to day 0, ive got bigger arms, shoulders back and my abdominals are clearer. my forearms have probably seen the most benefits. ive started deadlifting and squatting. im happy with the deadlift, its actually quite an enjoyable exercise, and i think thats really helping me. Squats are proving to be a bit harder. getting the technique right is something i still need to work out. have only had 2 squat sessions though and hopefully with time ill nail it and start to increase the weight as im more confident.

I think my leg workout is hte weakest part of my workout, so im going to keep a similar routine for the next 2 weeks, but on legs day, change it around a bit and throw in some calf exercises to try get more out of it.

I shall try and get my self weighed over the weekend and let you guys no if there is any difference there!

keep fit!

sounds like a tough jog!

got my weight:
day 0: 63kg/138lbs
day 15: 66.6kg/146lbs

very happy with that. however day 0 weight was taken in the morning after a wee, day 15 weight was taking at 4pm after a wee and a dump so i expect it to be a bit lower.

sounds like a tough jog!

got my weight:

day 0: 63kg/138lbs

day 15: 66.6kg/146lbs

very happy with that. however day 0 weight was taken in the morning after a wee, day 15 weight was taking at 4pm after a wee and a dump so i expect it to be a bit lower.

Still a good progress :) (ofc unless your dump weighs roughly 3,5 kgs :D )

I need advice on how to properly train abs? I want them 6packs :D I need to know how much per week I need to train. BTW my body fat is 13% (training for 11% atm) and I'm training every day so cardio is not a problem.

Sugestions :D

I need advice on how to properly train abs? I want them 6packs :D I need to know how much per week I need to train. BTW my body fat is 13% (training for 11% atm) and I'm training every day so cardio is not a problem.

If your body fat is 13% you should see some definition already. Find an ab routine from youtube and do it every other day. Occasionally mixing it up after 2-3 months. To have a very defined 6-pack, you need to eat right and get body fat to around 10%. Genes play a role, some people have bulging abs, which are easily visible even with higher fat percentage but some have less defined by nature. Just anatomy.

If your body fat is 13% you should see some definition already. Find an ab routine from youtube and do it every other day. Occasionally mixing it up after 2-3 months. To have a very defined 6-pack, you need to eat right and get body fat to around 10%. Genes play a role, some people have bulging abs, which are easily visible even with higher fat percentage but some have less defined by nature. Just anatomy.

Yeah forgot to mention I can already see definition on sides :D Thanks for the info, will try to get it till 1st of July and I'll show results here (no homo) :D :D

You have the right idea and Shinine has got some good advice.

the lower the body fat the easier they are to see.

In terms of training them, lots of people have different views on them - some say, its a core muscle, you use it a lot, so train with a high quantity. lots or reps, lots of sets, and trian it quite often. others, and my personally say "treat it like you treat any other muscle for hypertrophy" 3, maybe 4 sets of 8-12 reps. this means some pretty heavy resistance. your 12th rep of a sit up or whatever should be yourl ast, you should not be able to physically complete 13 reps.

i perosnally do a lot of leg crunches whilst hanging from a pull up bar or somethign using a full range of motion. I hold medicine balls/weights above my head and crunch (straight on and to the sides). I do a lot of controlled stuff (do a full sit up with a weight, on the way down, stop half way, then continue and stop half way again and repeat).

i just aim for things that are hard enough to make me unable to complete over 12 reps and do 3 or 4 sets - I get some serious muscle soreness in my abs the day after just like i do when i work other muscles, so thats a good enough indication to me that its doing the job.

i do my abs 3 times a week and been going pretty hard for the last 2 or 3 weeks and im seeing some great changes. still early days, but im feeling better than i did when i used to do some shitty ab workouts in high sets and reps.

just go around on youtube and see what others do, and eventually you will get your own workout thats right for you. no harm in trying them all!

First footie of the year. Hadn't played it for like 3-4 months so it was a blast. Didn't do THAT bad also, a goal and couple of assists. Went ok until I managed to pull a bit of my left hamstring. My own fault for not doing enough cardio before or stretching so I pay the price.

Like @dumps said:

Keep fit!

for me hill sprints build powerful abs and legs.