Midfielders and Defenders

Kojo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cole may be inconsistent now, but I'd sure as hell take him over starting Bertrand every week. Thats a disaster waiting to happen.

Spot on about Luiz and Ivanovic(who should have been shipped to Madrid while they were interested) though. We all want the defense to be youth products, but we have to use some sense in this too. Chalobah may come good one day, but we need another CB for now. Cahill-Luiz partnerships shouldnt be happening now.

Cole may be inconsistent now, but I'd sure as hell take him over starting Bertrand every week. Thats a disaster waiting to happen.

Spot on about Luiz and Ivanovic(who should have been shipped to Madrid while they were interested) though. We all want the defense to be youth products, but we have to use some sense in this too. Chalobah may come good one day, but we need another CB for now. Cahill-Luiz partnerships shouldnt be happening now.

I still believe chalobah is still far away of being ready, I saw him when we played against I think it was MLS all star, he made few bad mistakes

I somewhat agree. Every time we play a formidable team, we look out of depth, we get outplayed. It's been going on since Carlo's bad moment. There are some brilliant games where we heavily rely on genius of our best players, but many mid table teams can outperform us any given day even though they have only a fraction of our quality. At the moment it's like whenever I see us making some kind of meaningful combinations, string together meaningful passes, I go "wow", because it's a sight not often seen these days.

This "Cole is the best left back in the world" cliche is just that now, a cliche. He stopped being the best a few years ago, there are better left backs out there now. But nevertheless he can still be productive defensively, just yesterday he had another goal line clearance for us. Bertrand isn't better and unfortunately there are no available replacements in the market I fear, because good full backs are a rarity and teams will do anything to hold on to them.

And I agree about Mikel-Ramires pivot, it's good enough for destroying but not good for building. Yesterday Ramires was garbage imo, Mikel not much better.

Against Juventus I understood we were going to be outplayed the moment I realized Cech had touched the ball the most out of everyone. When he had the ball, our defenders and deep midfielders got marked so there was no choice but to hoof it to our midgets upfront, who naturally didn't even try to contest the likes of Chiellini and Bonucci. There was no plan B, we simply tried to grind out a draw. We need some fucking actual tactics, we need to start pressing like Juventus did. Nobody does that at the moment, everybody jogs deep and starts thinking about it the moment they approach our box, which is too late.

I know if we started Bertrand all the time, he would become like a Kyle Walker and start making so many mistakes, it's best to rotate him for now. The CB partnership is more than scary, fucking Suarez.

I somewhat agree. Every time we play a formidable team, we look out of depth, we get outplayed. It's been going on since Carlo's bad moment. There are some brilliant games where we heavily rely on genius of our best players, but many mid table teams can outperform us any given day even though they have only a fraction of our quality. At the moment it's like whenever I see us making some kind of meaningful combinations, string together meaningful passes, I go "wow", because it's a sight not often seen these days.

This "Cole is the best left back in the world" cliche is just that now, a cliche. He stopped being the best a few years ago, there are better left backs out there now. But nevertheless he can still be productive defensively, just yesterday he had another goal line clearance for us. Bertrand isn't better and unfortunately there are no available replacements in the market I fear, because good full backs are a rarity and teams will do anything to hold on to them.

And I agree about Mikel-Ramires pivot, it's good enough for destroying but not good for building. Yesterday Ramires was garbage imo, Mikel not much better.

Against Juventus I understood we were going to be outplayed the moment I realized Cech had touched the ball the most out of everyone. When he had the ball, our defenders and deep midfielders got marked so there was no choice but to hoof it to our midgets upfront, who naturally didn't even try to contest the likes of Chiellini and Bonucci. There was no plan B, we simply tried to grind out a draw. We need some fucking actual tactics, we need to start pressing like Juventus did. Nobody does that at the moment, everybody jogs deep and starts thinking about it the moment they approach our box, which is too late.

Under Carlo we wouldn't concede as much, infact nowhere near as much. Don't get me wrong we wern't great in defence but it was so comfortable at the back. Now it's scary, it's like our team is Arsenal and it's so scary to watch them when the other team is coming. The thing is with Carlo there was no creativity what so ever, we had nothing.

At least our team is more creative, but the midfield is not strong at all. Seriously that double pivot is scary, and the back four no better. It's time to get rid of David Luiz, I've just had it, pathetic player.