Chelsea vs Juventus

Jase

I feel really bad for Oscar. We should have loaned him if we're not going to give him time on the pitch for the important matches.

Dont really care if he plays in the Capital One Cup matches. He is quality and you dont buy a 25 million player to make him sit on the bench.

Sorry Oscar. Its sad really. Really sad.

We have about 60 more games to go. He was playing at the Olympics so he didn't get a chance to train with the club. He should have plenty of opportunity to play this year and if he plays well, it will earn him a lot of time. This isn't a Lukaku scenario.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing to Juventus means we also will lose some matches against the big sides in Premier League.

Its not ridiculous, just my experience from past seasons. Scolari and AVB, both followed the same pattern. Good start followed by avarage football, a run of bad results, one or two terrible results, no wins against the big guys...and the the axe.

We already have a terrible result: 4-1 against Atlético, we already lost to Manchester City, two games without a win, and then you put a lost against Juventus at Stamford Bridge on the table.

If we lose to Juventus tomorrow then I will get that deja vu feelling.

i get you. but we are better off this time around. Hazard is a class player we have added to the squad and adds that bit of dynamism needed against the bigger sides. under avb we didn't have that spark or live-wire who would help us get forward against a top side. now we have quite a few of them in hazard, oscar, marin, sturridge etc and if we get the balance of the team sorted, we will be bettter

the worry is that it is mid-september and we are still experimenting

Hi guys, im an italian Juve supporter

Chelsea is a superior team and the favourite for today.

Italian football starves, that is drammatically true

but...

last year juve was considered the 5th / 6th team in the Italian serie A, and it ends up winning the league unbeaten.

AC is really furios for the 10 months ban, and he's preparing this match maniacally, in my opinion the man is by far a better football coach then RDM, and this will partially abait the gap from chelsea.

we have a chance, cant wait

We have about 60 more games to go. He was playing at the Olympics so he didn't get a chance to train with the club. He should have plenty of opportunity to play this year and if he plays well, it will earn him a lot of time. This isn't a Lukaku scenario.

I am really hopeful of that too, but unlike lukaku, who was not sharp enough and had many many flaws, Oscar is quality in every way.

The realization i am having is, where will he play?

In our Pivot, Mikel doesnt get injured and he is pretty much the only true DM that we have, so he will keep his place in the DP.

Lampard too does not get injured much, and will play atleast 80-90% of our matches.

Really dont see Oscar breaking that combination, as RDM likes it, and cant bench Lampard IMO.

Then there is Hazard Mata who are dead sure of being selected in the starting lineup. So only if hazard is made to play as a right winger does oscar have a chance of getting in, but for the RW position there are also Marin and Moses and possibly Sturridge at times. Even if oscar can play RW, there are better options for that position so he wont be first in line.

Add to that RDM's defensive liking of putting either/both Bertrand and Ramires on LW and RW respectively, then there is one more and sometimes 2 more spots taken up by these two.

Where and how is Oscar going to break into the first team, when his opportunities will be so limited?

Suppose Lamps is left out for a FA cup game and Oscar slots in, and does well, i still dont think the next PL game, RDM will sit lampard on the bench and play Oscar.

He only has a realistic chance of having a run in the team if someone gets injured. As a sub, he will always be effective but in a limited way.

Really cant see how we can integrate him into the first team this season atleast.... maybe next season if Lamps goes to MLS, Oscar will be first choice for that position.

So having bought him, with this formation, we cant use him often, and he will not grow the way he should without enough gametime. A player of his talent should be playing week in week out, similar to Courtois. He has only progressed to much as he has got Starting 11 gametime, which Oscar is not going to get. So only time will tell if this will be the sort of year a player of his talent requires to become WC.