New Eu Laws On English Players In Prem

blatter says law has changed to allow the big wigs to limit the amount of overseas players in any one team to 5.so that would mean a minimum of 6 english players in the team.hmmmmmmm we would just about be ok,depending on who we played @ left back(ha ha )arsenal would be in deep shite though,even liverpool

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I knew, this was a plan in the works but not official yet. Furthermore, there was a proposed stepped approach, so to begin with the limit would be 8 foreign players or something like that and it would go down one a year until 5.

Last I knew, this was a plan in the works but not official yet. Furthermore, there was a proposed stepped approach, so to begin with the limit would be 8 foreign players or something like that and it would go down one a year until 5.

i remember this, i dont like it we will have too spend 18 mill on average english players like carrick.

i remember this, i dont like it we will have too spend 18 mill on average english players like carrick.

Yeah, that, or bring in players through our youth system. It will work to weaken our team, but in the long run, it would be good for English football as a whole, and I can appreciate that.

When you look at the CL theres four English clubs there. Good on one hand, but the other countries are being left behind. The Premiership is the best league in the World because of TV. This money has attracted the best players.

On the other hand the rest of Europe is becoming also rans, Olympiakos were the Greek Champions, who were below average, heading a table of absolute shite.

The San Siro, and Bernabeu are no longer places to be feared - so what I'm saying in a roundabout way, unless we want the Champions League to just become another Premiership, the limits on foreign players in any country, can only level out the playing field, and in the long run be a good thing.

Still havn't seen any news of this! I know he was trying to impliment it but EU law was stopping him. It is different to the "home grown" rule already in place.....

It would, in the long run be a great idea to help football. But short term will cause chaos...

i love the idea, it will be great for english football and you will be able to recognise teams as an english team again and the premiership as an english league. Will also give us more chance internationally. Arsenal are fucked which is an added bonus. Is it the same overseas? Inter had 1 Italian in their squad that played Liverpool and he was their reserve GK. The sooner this rule comes in, the better. Us & Man Utd will be fine, some clubs are really screwed.

Edited by OllieCFC

Terry, Lampard, Joe Cole, Ashley Cole - they are the only automatic English choices IMO. We wouldn't be as badly hit as Liverpool or Arsenal, but we'd need to invest in some English players. The EPL is the best league in the world because the best players in the world play in it. Introduce this ruling and the big stars will head for Spain and Italy - even those already in the EPL. Unless we introduce a ruling similar to the one utilised where players who have played in the country for a certain time are offered Spanish citizenship.

i would love bentley, specially being an ex-gooner too and he really does hate them and get abuse by them a lot. He's young and very very talented. Also a great crosser of the ball, our crossing was shit yesterday.

----------DIEGO----------BALLACK--------------LAMPARD

---------BENTLEY---------DROGBA--------------JOE COLE

Ok DIEGO can be anyone there, just an example, could be Van Der Vaart even but whatever or whoever, it looks great to me.

This ruling can only be a good thing for the game. The Premier League is already too big for its boots, wanting 'game 39' like some big greedy tart whoring itself round the World.

The FA doesnt represent other clubs either , its just another branch of the Premier League these days.

The TV money has made it into a great big bloated fairground attracting Yank and Jewish money makers.

With this ruling other countries will be able to compete, and it'll make away trips and the whole game more interesting, rather than some Harlem Globetrotters freak show.

i would love bentley, specially being an ex-gooner too and he really does hate them and get abuse by them a lot. He's young and very very talented. Also a great crosser of the ball, our crossing was shit yesterday.

----------DIEGO----------BALLACK--------------LAMPARD

---------BENTLEY---------DROGBA--------------JOE COLE

Ok DIEGO can be anyone there, just an example, could be Van Der Vaart even but whatever or whoever, it looks great to me.

I'd like to see Joe Cole and Bentley feeding the strikers, but with Lampard, Ballack and Daniele De Rossi in the midfield - in my opinion, the guy is every bit as good as Makelele.