Steven Fletcher

SeB

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT??? You don't know what is the shooting goals added???

I did not know that stuff before, that's actually a twiend of mine who twitted that to me :D

I did find that, it seems to be a manner to calculate and sort the chances depending of the position (xG) and the direction of the shoot( xG(OT) ), before minus after

http://www.optasport...-departees.aspx

WhoScored.com is actually a kindergarden thing :lol:

At the risk of sounding ignorant, what exactly is shooting goals added? I know it's defined at the bottom of the pic but I still don't get it, would really appreciate it if you can explain it please :)

well since it is the difference between 2 probabilities ...the maximum value it can be is ONE

well since it is the difference between 2 probabilities ...the maximum value it can be is ONE

I read the definition but to be fair I didn't understood that much more, I've always been crap with math anyway

WHAT??? You don't know what is the shooting goals added???

I did not know that stuff before, that's actually a twiend of mine who twitted that to me :D

I did find that, it seems to be a manner to calculate and sort the chances depending of the position (xG) and the direction of the shoot( xG(OT) ), before minus after

http://www.optasport...-departees.aspx

WhoScored.com is actually a kindergarden thing :lol:

Haha cheers mate.

Yeah but somehow the values are all above 1. Apparently math has changed since I was last in school :lol:

At the risk of sounding ignorant, what exactly is shooting goals added? I know it's defined at the bottom of the pic but I still don't get it, would really appreciate it if you can explain it please :)

It's how many more goals they scored than you would expect them to score based on where they took their shots...or something like that....so Fletcher scored 4.1 more goals than would have been expected from the positions he was in when he shot. It seems to me a very difficult stat to believe in simply because every situation is different, but I think that's it.

maximum probability is 1 which is certainty

minimum is Zero ..impossible //

justs shows their stats are RUBBISH

Agreed, I can't understand it, it must be wrong :P

Seriously though the two numbers that are subtracted are actually both a sum of probabilities that's why their difference can be greater than one.

For those who want to know, this brilliant stat is a great way of telling which players make the best of their chances. Fletcher, in this example, made in 70 shots 4.1 more goals (in theory) than the average due to the quality of his finishing. Does that make any sense? :lol:

It's how many more goals they scored than you would expect them to score based on where they took their shots...or something like that....so Fletcher scored 4.1 more goals than would have been expected from the positions he was in when he shot. It seems to me a very difficult stat to believe in simply because every situation is different, but I think that's it.

Actually it's not whether he scored but what the probability of him scoring after the shot minus the probability to score from that position, or at least that's what it says in the link SeB posted :P

Actually it's not whether he scored but what the probability of him scoring after the shot minus the probability to score from that position, or at least that's what it says in the link SeB posted :P

You're right. I was looking at expected goals. Anyway, it has something to do with efficiency...or scoring goals...or at least football. I'm pretty sure of that.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You