Finaly more work and less talk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or is it Gourlay? :Goober:

Emenalo, he's the director of football, it's his job to liaise between Roman and the manager and make signings.

Credit to Emenalo. There has been plenty of bitching about him last season. But he is proving his doubters wrong. Great work.

100% agree.

Semia pointed out that he was being tongue in cheek earlier.

This is news to me about Gregory Van Der Wiel.

don't think the vdv story is true. no official word except that he has been "offered" to chelsea for 8mil.

Emenalo, he's the director of football, it's his job to liaise between Roman and the manager and make signings.

100% agree.

Will be honest, I did bitch about him for a week last year. But I thought well and read columns from blogs. Emenalo is the main man. For instance, AVB didn't fancy (or buy) KDB, but Emenalo bought him for ’long term plans’.

don't think the vdv story is true. no official word except that he has been "offered" to chelsea for 8mil.

VDW ’deal accepted’ story is false. I checked out last night. Origin: Twitter. Many people on twitter are now craving for fame (and they are getting it), by making up transfer rumours.

Will be honest, I did bitch about him for a week last year. But I thought well and read columns from blogs. Emenalo is the main man. For instance, AVB didn't fancy (or buy) KDB, but Emenalo bought him for 'long term plans'.

He was responsible for more than De Bruyne; he has signed Cahill, Lukaku, Marin, and soon-to-be Hazard and Hulk on his own volition. Neither of the two managers we've had this season have sanctioned or asked for any of those transfers. I reckon even Mata and Romeu were signed by him, Villas-Boas would have asked for an attacking midfielder/winger and a defensive midfielder and Emenalo responded with the Spanish duo. That's how a Director of Football is supposed to work anyway, the manager lets them know what position they want strengthened and perhaps makes a recommendation but the final decision is down to the DoF.

VDW 'deal accepted' story is false. I checked out last night. Origin: Twitter. Many people on twitter are now craving for fame (and they are getting it), by making up transfer rumours.

good. he didn't have a great season at ajax and i think we should invest in a more solid Right-back.

He was responsible for more than De Bruyne; he has signed Cahill, Lukaku, Marin, and soon-to-be Hazard and Hulk on his own volition. Neither of the two managers we've had this season have sanctioned or asked for any of those transfers. I reckon even Mata and Romeu were signed by him, Villas-Boas would have asked for an attacking midfielder/winger and a defensive midfielder and Emenalo responded with the Spanish duo. That's how a Director of Football is supposed to work anyway, the manager lets them know what position they want strengthened and perhaps makes a recommendation but the final decision is down to the DoF.

Yes you are right. But I am not sure about Cahill, Mata and Romeu. But we have a unique role for the DoF, unlike United or Arsenal (Do they have one?), throughout the Roman era. Arnesen did a fantastic job before Emenalo, and the latter is gradually filling in his boots.

Yes you are right. But I am not sure about Cahill, Mata and Romeu. But we have a unique role for the DoF, unlike United or Arsenal (Do they have one?), throughout the Roman era. Arnesen did a fantastic job before Emenalo, and the latter is gradually filling in his boots.

I am confident Cahill was signed by Emenalo. Villas-Boas almost never played him, from memory, it took him 6 weeks from when he signed to make his debut and his only game under Villas-Boas was the Napoli away game.