US Tour

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any other American fans going? I'm disappointed they aren't going to Los Angeles. Seattle is the nearest city the club will visit so I have to take advantage of this rare opportunity.

If only I was a bit older, I'm keen to travel the US and this would be the perfect time for me to go, see the country AND watch chelsea play. Make the most of it my friend.

Any other American fans going? I'm disappointed they aren't going to Los Angeles. Seattle is the nearest city the club will visit so I have to take advantage of this rare opportunity.

I'm in Atlanta so there isn't really a location web remotely close to me. I'm going to try to get off work for a few days and travel to Seattle actually. Have a couple of friends there. Love the Sounders atmosphere too.

I'm in Atlanta so there isn't really a location web remotely close to me. I'm going to try to get off work for a few days and travel to Seattle actually. Have a couple of friends there. Love the Sounders atmosphere too.

• 3 weeks later...

why does Juan Mata say Left winger? :blink:

Does he still see him Self as one?

I thought the change to the middle was permanent...

That is odd. I can only assume it's because he has grown up as a LW, so it will take time for him to get accustomed to being permanently in the middle. If he gets shoved out to the left while Hazard plays centrally, it'll be the wrong move IMO...

im going to psg/chelsea on the 22nd, are nando/mata going or r they still on break

I refuse to let a pre-season game be my first experience seeing Chelsea Football Club. I'll see them at Stamford Bridge, thank you very much. Hopefully that will happen for me next spring. I'm saving up for it now.

mate i saw the lads lose to aston villa 3-1 this year for my first stamford bridge experience, I hope your more fortunate

Feel lucky to live in Seattle. First stop on the US Tour. Can't wait.

Here's an article on tickets sold for the Sounders-Chelsea game published in the local paper.

According to the Sounders, ticket sales for Wednesday's friendly against Chelsea FC are at 49,000. Tickets are still available by calling 1-877-MLS-GOAL, online at SoundersFC.com or through a deal on LivingSocial(until about 5 a.m. Friday).

It's not an overwhelmingly number but should reach the mid-50,000s, I'd think, by kickoff, which is hardly a figure to scoff at.

As a comparison, the Sounders had sold 64,000 tickets a week before the Manchester United friendly last year. The game went on to set a Pacific Northwest attendance record for a soccer game at 67,052 (beating the 66,848 that watched Barcelona here in 2009).