Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, if we learned one thing this season it is that we are too thin a squad. Who will play in the amc/cm while rotating? This is ideal for KDB. Simple as that.

Oscar and Mata can share the central role. This gives us more options on the wings and crucially another option up front.

How does a loan make sense? I just get the feeling that we may never see KDB at Chelsea if he gets loaned out to Leverkusen.

With the probable departure of Lampard, there will be a gap in the first team...and I really think KDB can fill that gap in the first team squad, he'd be the perfect rotation player.

De Bruyne isn't guaranteed to fill that slot though and I expect we'll sign someone who does. He's played in a more advanced role, where we already have Mata and Oscar. Sure he could play wide, but Schurrle could also do that as well as providing a more physical presence there and also an extra option as striker.

Hopefully getting Schurrle stops the Falcao silliness.

De Bruyne isn't guaranteed to fill that slot though and I expect we'll sign someone who does. He's played in a more advanced role, where we already have Mata and Oscar. Sure he could play wide, but Schurrle could also do that as well as providing a more physical presence there and also an extra option as striker.

Hopefully getting Schurrle stops the Falcao silliness.

How is Schurrle more physical than De Bruyne?

Also, I don't see how Schurrle fits in at Chelsea. He's not that great as a winger (probably just better than Marin) and as a striker..8 goals in 27 appearances isn't the best record.

We need a striker and a proper winger (like Di Maria). Schurrle can play both positions but he's still an average player.

Not sure about this transfer, even if De Bruyne only goes there on loan. Schurrle is not exactly what we need right now in terms of another wide player. Right now, it just feels we are buying young talents for the sake of it without having a proper thought in building a balance(and quality) squad. If this transfer goes through, it would show another case of us not addressing the main problem with the squad and just indulging ourselves with buying a not top priority player!

Also, I don't see how Schurrle fits in at Chelsea. He's not that great as a winger (probably just better than Marin) and as a striker..8 goals in 27 appearances isn't the best record.

We need a striker and a proper winger (like Di Maria). Schurrle can play both positions but he's still an average player.

He is a very poor man's reus.

He is taller, stronger in the air (only for his height), faster and has a really high work rate. That's why he is physical.

He isn't a centre forward. He plays out wide for Germany and Bayer. The only season he played as a centre forward he scored 15 goals.

Have you even watched Schurrle? To say that he isn't a proper winger or equally as good a Marin is completely wrong. Di Maria isn't a proper winger, have you seen how often he cuts inside to shoot? He thinks he is CR7 on the right. Di Maria doesn't even resemble a winger, he doesn't hug the touchline as much as he should. I'd pick Schurrle everytime.

No he isn't. Reus is a very different player. Reus is like El Shaarawy or Villa. Schurrle is like Rooney or Tevez.

Not really both are mainly wingers who come inside and can also operate as second strikers.There attributes are also similar pace,goal scoring ability,dribbling etc but the difference is schurrle is not on the same level as reus.

Not really both are mainly wingers who come inside and can also operate as second strikers.There attributes are also similar pace,goal scoring ability,dribbling etc but the difference is schurrle is not on the same level as reus.

Reus plays in the centre a lot more often the Schurrle. I see completely different players, they just operate in similar roles.

He is taller, stronger in the air (only for his height), faster and has a really high work rate. That's why he is physical.

He isn't a centre forward. He plays out wide for Germany and Bayer. The only season he played as a centre forward he scored 15 goals.

Have you even watched Schurrle? To say that he isn't a proper winger or equally as good a Marin is completely wrong. Di Maria isn't a proper winger, have you seen how often he cuts inside to shoot? He thinks he is CR7 on the right. Di Maria doesn't even resemble a winger, he doesn't hug the touchline as much as he should. I'd pick Schurrle everytime.

I've seen a number of Leverkusen games this season and he's looked average in a number of those games.

He did really well against Gladbach in February...then went missing for a few games, did well against Stuttgart in March...then went missing for a few games and recently he did well against Dusseldorf.

I've seen a number of Leverkusen games this season and he's looked average in a number of those games.

He did really well against Gladbach in February...then went missing for a few games, did well against Stuttgart in March...then went missing for a few games and recently he did well against Dusseldorf.

Fair enough. Every time I watch him play, he is spectacular, go figure.

Reus plays in the centre a lot more often the Schurrle. I see completely different players, they just operate in similar roles.

I see similar players on completely different levels.

Reus could become a top-class player. Schurrle will probably become an above average player but nothing special.

I know a number of Bundesliga followers who have been very impressed by Lars Bender and Carvajal's development at Leverkusen but when I asked them about Schurrle, they said he's good but nothing great.

Gotze plays in the hole with lewandowski upfront reus on the left and kuba on the right.

I see similar players on completely different levels.

Reus could become a top-class player. Schurrle will probably become an above average player but nothing special.

I know a number of Bundesliga followers who have been very impressed by Lars Bender and Carvajal's development at Leverkusen but when I asked them about Schurrle, they said he's good but nothing great.

I see players that occupy the same positions but approach football in a very different way. Reus has more flair, flash and finess whereas Schurrle is more power, work rate and direct. It's like comparing Tevez and El Shaarawy, that can operate in the same manner and position but when it comes down to it they are very different.

But hey, that's the beauty of football. Robin van Persie was nothing special for years, now look at him.