Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

If we sell him in January we'll get about 5 quid and a pint of beer.

That's if anyone even wants to sign him in January. Everyone will just wait it out until summer and then sign him up for free.

Actually - Jan transfer window is 99% MORE EXPENSIVE than the summer window - as clubs are 'panic buying' - I'm sure I read a report on that from SSN last year - that players went for 30-50% more in Jan transfer than they were 'allegedly' available for in the summer window...

EDIT: Also - thought he had a further year, e.g. contract expires in 2014?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's if anyone even wants to sign him in January. Everyone will just wait it out until summer and then sign him up for free.

Oh didn't know he had 1 year left. I'd rather see him get sold for very less or nothing at all after getting chances than for 20m without any.

Schurrle isn't a that much of a gamble. He has been very good for both Leverkusen, Mainz and Mannschaft.

29 goals in 108 appearances. 7 goals in 17 for Germany.

Hmm 29 goals in 108 appearances isn't that much better than Studge is it? I'm sure he'd be close to that figure (pro-rated)?

Actually - Jan transfer window is 99% MORE EXPENSIVE than the summer window - as clubs are 'panic buying' - I'm sure I read a report on that from SSN last year - that players went for 30-50% more in Jan transfer than they were 'allegedly' available for in the summer window...

EDIT: Also - thought he had a further year, e.g. contract expires in 2014?

No, 2013. No one will pay anything for him in January.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/sturridge/profil/spieler_47082.html

I just simply don't understand why some fans and club officials feel that Andre is better option than Danny.If they are willing to give Andre a cf role then why not do the same for Danny instead.Not only will itl save us 20m but also give him the opportunity to really prove himself.If it doesn't work out then we could always sell him in January.

Suicidal to just continue into the season with just 2 strikers. Need at least 3 and besides, Schurrle can be used out wide too anyway.

No, 2013. No one will pay anything for him in January.

http://www.transferm...eler_47082.html

Hmm - that's thrown a spanner in my thought process then - them years keep zipping by :(

Well - if he won't sign a new contract - then correct, we need to 'cash-in' now - a real shame though and another potential 'bite us in the arse' transfer for the future... :(

Bundesliga - is NOT the EPL... it takes time for players to adapt... Sturridge already used to it...

but the thing is Sturridge isn't used to passing and being a team player! Schurrle is! he would do very well here Sturridge can not progress at our club RDM doesn't rate him because of his poor work-rate, poor attitude and the fact he isn't a team player! people need to realize Sturridge has no future at this club unless he can dramatically change alot of things about him which i just cant see happening anytime soon!

Hmm - that's thrown a spanner in my thought process then - them years keep zipping by :(

Well - if he won't sign a new contract - then correct, we need to 'cash-in' now - a real shame though and another potential 'bite us in the arse' transfer for the future... :(

Perhaps we can do what a lot of those South American clubs do and include a sell-on clause, where we get a certain percentage of any future transfer. So if he does become world class at least we'll be properly reimbursed.

As it stands though, 15-20 million plus a 10-20% sell-on clause, for a player who's about to run down his contract and is a 'potential' buy, that's a great deal.

Suicidal to just continue into the season with just 2 strikers. Need at least 3 and besides, Schurrle can be used out wide too anyway.

Its stupid to pay 20m for a 3rd choice striker and winger then.We already have Marin,Ramires and Moses for the winger role then why add another one?

But I am sure this deal will be more about the long term than short term.Anyways if we get Andre and if Danny leaves then we'll only have 2 strikers and I can't see having both DAnny and Andre in the same team either.

Edit: Moses could be a dependable 3rd choice striker too.

The problem with signing Andreas here is we already have Moses. I don't like these combined-striker-winger types. Either sell Sturridge off now and buy a proper, fully fledged striker who absolutely cannot and will not play anywhere else; or keep him and stop chasing this guy.

I would be happy, if Sturridge could be successful here, but!

• RDM doesnt like him. He played only 10 minutes this season so far, in 4 matches. And after AVB was fired, then Sturridge was the first, who stayed out from the starting XI, while he was one of our keyplayer, under AVB.
  • Sturridge was awful on last year's second half.
  • He never proved his abilitys in striker position for US! The Bolton played a quite different system. Torres was a genius in the Liverpool, but he nowhere near from that in the Chelsea FC.
  • He is so much selfish...
  • His bitching in the media about his position.

And I think the most important the first thing what I wrote. If RDM doesnt like him, I will trust him. I will not cry, if he will be sold, and Schürrle is coming. But this is just my opinion.

Which beer? Better not be that Fosters shite.... ?

I'm baffled by this... One year on his contract (i think) and we are open to a loan rather than a straight sale?

Is this is true I worry about our negotiation techniques. We never seem to sell a player, either release on free or loan till the contract runs out. It's odd....