FIFA Club World Cup

Dude, Corinthians won Libertadores against Boca Junior. The argentinian side were a very old team, with few class players. Their better player was a fading Riquelme.

In Brazil is not a surprise to see a team like Corinthians losing or getting one single point when they play against sides like Figueirense. Al Ahly is like Figueirense, its really common to see a team like Corinthians suffering like they did in this semi finals when they face sides like Bahia, Figueirense and Sport.

Even Flumiense had a tought game against a Palmeiras side full of problems and many players injured, as I said before, this Corinthians is squad is far from superb, I dont see a huge difference between Cortinhians and Palmeiras squad, the diffrence in their manager. Corinthians have good tactics, and they also have a long term project with Tite, but this kind of thing doesnt happen so often in Brazil, so it make Corinthians look like much better than they really are.

Listen, days ago the brazilian press was saying that Corinthians was the favourite for this tournament, and that it will be a surprise to see Al Aly winning, but it wont be a surprise if Monterey was going to the finals. After the semi finals these guys are quite, because its clear that theres is a HUGE difference in class between Chelsea and Corinthians. Now the talk in Brazil is: Chelsea is much better, but Corinthians can win it.

I was watching a program in Sportv today, and they were rating Chelseas and Corinthians players, while they were right when they said in 9 positions Chelsea had the best players, for these guys, Cech aside, the best players from Chelsea were Oscar, Ramires and Luiz.

Luiz and Ramires got a 8.2, Oscar a incredible 8.9, while Mata got 8.0. These only shows how biased are brazilians towards anything related with brazillian football. Even when they say Messi is better than Neymar, they also have to point: "Neymar is younger, Messi is more experienced". Last year many people in Brazil really believed Santos could beat Barcelona, and that there wasnt a huge difference between both sides. Well...

I saw this program and I laughed hard when they gave a 7.5 to Hazard, and a 8 to Danilo :banghead:

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, Corinthians won Libertadores against Boca Junior. The argentinian side were a very old team, with few class players. Their better player was a fading Riquelme.

In Brazil is not a surprise to see a team like Corinthians losing or getting one single point when they play against sides like Figueirense. Al Ahly is like Figueirense, its really common to see a team like Corinthians suffering like they did in this semi finals when they face sides like Bahia, Figueirense and Sport.

Even Flumiense had a tought game against a Palmeiras side full of problems and many players injured, as I said before, this Corinthians is squad is far from superb, I dont see a huge difference between Cortinhians and Palmeiras squad, the diffrence in their manager. Corinthians have good tactics, and they also have a long term project with Tite, but this kind of thing doesnt happen so often in Brazil, so it make Corinthians look like much better than they really are.

Listen, days ago the brazilian press was saying that Corinthians was the favourite for this tournament, and that it will be a surprise to see Al Aly winning, but it wont be a surprise if Monterey was going to the finals. After the semi finals these guys are quite, because its clear that theres is a HUGE difference in class between Chelsea and Corinthians. Now the talk in Brazil is: Chelsea is much better, but Corinthians can win it.

I was watching a program in Sportv today, and they were rating Chelseas and Corinthians players, while they were right when they said in 9 positions Chelsea had the best players, for these guys, Cech aside, the best players from Chelsea were Oscar, Ramires and Luiz.

Luiz and Ramires got a 8.2, Oscar a incredible 8.9, while Mata got 8.0. These only shows how biased are brazilians towards anything related with brazillian football. Even when they say Messi is better than Neymar, they also have to point: "Neymar is younger, Messi is more experienced". Last year many people in Brazil really believed Santos could beat Barcelona, and that there wasnt a huge difference between both sides. Well...

Henrique,

1. Sorry about the rage, but you really pissed me off!

2. Dont pay attention to any of our sports journalists, they are biased as fuck. They will just follow the trend and try to make their viewers and the general ignorant public happy (specially Globo). The only place to be trusted is ESPN BR, Mauro Cezar and PVC are the only ones making good arguments and analyses. The things Sportv say are absolutely laughable, but dont compare it to mine, please. I base my opinion from what I see from both teams (Brazilians ans English).

3. I dont understand! You were the one criticizing me for saying it would be a huge zebra if we lose CWC (dont try to deny it). What changed your mind?

4. Your analyses about Corinthians, Figueirense, Fluminense, Al Alhy, Boca Juniors and Palmeiras has no value. Any team could lose any game vs. any team, Corinthians playing poorly against Al Alhy and Figuerense does not provide any evidence of one being good or not. Same applies to Chelsea losing for West Ham and West Brom. Also, the fact Boca is a team in pure decline does not take away the fact Corinthians was a much better in Libertadores 2012 and Brasileirao 2011 than they are at the present time.

5. I wont even compare Chelsea and the Manchester Teams, they are light years ahead of the best Brazil has to offer. As I posted, we are still behind the likes of Everton, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool, we are better than the worse of EPL though. It does not mean our best teams are like Reading, Stoke, etc. I would fairly compare us (Fluminense, Atletico, Sao Paulo) with NewCastle, for instance. Do Arena Sportv exercise and compare player by player from SP/Fluminese/Atletico with NewCastle/Stoke/WestBrom and tell me the result. If they can fight for Europa League, so can we.

6. Corinthians is a good team, their best time has probably passed, but they can try to replicate that on Sunday (they have been preparing themselves for months). They are different than our famous Brazilians teams, they dont have an outstanding talented starting 11 (far from it), but their team is very disciplined and their players complement each other. What gives them a slightly chance is that they only know how to defend and score on opposition`s mistakes (Santos SF, Vasco QF, Boca Juniors, etc). This makes them very hard to beat. How is it a team like Reading and Stoke? How would they not have a chance of finishing in mid table?

7. Santos beating Barcelona? Tell me this wasnt Sportv again? In ESPN, Juca and Trajano were saying it would be 5-0, 6-0, etc. The only people who can be listened are the ones who actually follow both leagues, and they do. Santos was so shit, they won the easiest Libertadores ever (remeber that blackout wednesday, when every great team lost?), they only have Neymar. Barcelona, on the other hand, was the best team in two decades.

8. I hate when people have prejudice towards BraSil. Look at FIFA ratings, Oscar was 77 at Inter. He hasnt done anything better than what he has done in Brazil and, because he is in Chelsea, he is 81 now. Everyone watches one game and then we are shit (or amazing)...

9. Ultimately, I agree we have a bad and overhiped league. However, we are not so shit as many people make us. Half of the teams that play Campeonato Brasileiro doesnt even deserve to be on nPower League 1, but the ones that are great are honestly worth of an 8th place in EPL.

Well, I think I have made myself clear. I hope you finally agree!

I think you don't really follow the brazilian championship, it's the only explanation for saying these things.

Palmeiras and Corinthians have similar squad? You've got to be joking.

Corinthians played Brasileirão's first 8 rounds with the reserves and made 4 points, the championship was already lost since the beginning, they had no interest after, but training for the club world cup. If Corinthians had started with their best team since the first round, it will be probably the champion, or the second place, since Fluminense has dropped just a few points. Everybody who follows the brazilian football can assure you that.

A lot of different formations and players were used in order to find the best one, and not saying all the players lost to the national team, injuries and etc (and Tite coudn't do it, since he's gonna change the team for the final).

About the brazilian press, you're right, they're a bunch of ignorant hournalists, who don't know what's going on outside Brazil, just like the english one, who only knows about Europe, that's normal (it shouldn't be).