Spike

My Trump assassination attempt theories:

1) Lone assassin, madman. Probable. In my bookkeeping about half the assassinations and attempts on political persons are lone assassins - deranged individuals.
2) A sort of flawed logic of the lone assassin or of the conspirators, in which the reps were going to nominate a non-MAGA, harmless moderate if Trump dies.
3) Putin conspiracy to make Trump clear favourite.

If it was Putin it has a logic. Trump before the attempt was a mere 2% ahead in the polls. Would that last ? Same time of the year in 1988 Dukakis was 6% ahead of Bush but lost decisively.
So do this to make it sure MAGA wins, or Trump himself wins if he survives.
That of course requires turning Crooks into a robot man. This kind of thing though difficult to believe is part of many conspiracy theories.

43 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

My Trump assassination attempt theories:

1) Lone assassin, madman. Probable. In my bookkeeping about half the assassinations and attempts on political persons are lone assassins - deranged individuals.
2) A sort of flawed logic of the lone assassin or of the conspirators, in which the reps were going to nominate a non-MAGA, harmless moderate if Trump dies.
3) Putin conspiracy to make Trump clear favourite.

If it was Putin it has a logic. Trump before the attempt was a mere 2% ahead in the polls. Would that last ? Same time of the year in 1988 Dukakis was 6% ahead of Bush but lost decisively.
So do this to make it sure MAGA wins, or Trump himself wins if he survives.
That of course requires turning Crooks into a robot man. This kind of thing though difficult to believe is part of many conspiracy theories.

Where is deep state theory?

14 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Conspiracy theories are so fucking stupid. 😆

There is irrefutable evidence proving that the shooter was a democrat: he missed.

For Lee Harvey Oswald too there is irrefutable evidence he was a Castro lover yet there are strong indications of a conspiracy.

11 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

For Lee Harvey Oswald too there is irrefutable evidence he was a Castro lover yet there are strong indications of a conspiracy.

Like I said, conspiracy theories are so fucking stupid.

11 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Putin is good deep state.

This is what I heard from Trump fans:

Deep state runs everything. Democrats and Republicans. Donny is first one since JFK who is not a puppet and that's why they don't want him because they can't influence him. They want wars all around and every president is delivering them but Trump is peacemaker. Any truth?

24 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Deep state runs everything. Democrats and Republicans. Donny is first one since JFK who is not a puppet and that's why they don't want him because they can't influence him. They want wars all around and every president is delivering them but Trump is peacemaker. Any truth?

Well, Trump knows only one enemy: Mexico.
And the magas are like the old isolationists before Pearl Harbour and Trump plays to their sentiment.
About new wars with Trump, who knows ? Maybe against Italy.
Meanwhile the deep state, if they exist, would like the current state of affairs, NATO - CENTO - Combin - Di Nallo. Remember those players ? The French armed forces national team.

Edited by cosmicway

24 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

nope. 😆

I look at how my life was impacted by changes in leadership in my country. It never was on a grand scale, bar a tax break here, or some subsidy here for something. 

People really put too much emphasis on this shit. Unless they're taking your rights away - it won't matter all of much. Life will move on. 

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

I look at how my life was impacted by changes in leadership in my country. It never was on a grand scale, bar a tax break here, or some subsidy here for something. 

People really put too much emphasis on this shit. Unless they're taking your rights away - it won't matter all of much. Life will move on. 

Kind of true.
Andreas Papandreou was supposed to want Greece out of NATO.
But the US bases stayed in place and they were also serving nice burgers while in our army canteens it was just beans and ptatoes bloom (swimming potatoes). Also dumplings (yikes).
Then his successors increased taxes sky high.
I sided with the opposition, eventually they won after bitter struggle.
Then their economics minister said "I discovered that the PASOK taxes were the most wonderful thing ever".
Now if a new dictatorship happens they will have to search really hard to find citizens rights to remove.

2 hours ago, Thor said:

If you were a woman in a Republican-run US State that has banned basically all abortion, and you then have something go wrong and needed an emergency abortion because you are bleeding out or at risk of that, or at risk of another life-threatening outcome, and you go to the hospital and the doctors REFUSE TO TREAT YOU because they are terrified of being charges with 'murder', you sure as fuck would be impacted.

Same thing if you are a 12 yo girl and are pregnant due to your step father or uncle, etc raping you.

Pro tip: those very things are happening to women and girls NOW.

If you are lower class, working poor, and cannot afford to take a trip, potentially hundreds of miles away, to the nearest clinic in another state, you may well be fucked.

Beyond that, some of the Republican-run States are attempting to make it a felony crime to simply travel out of state for an abortion, and not just for the woman or girl who gets one, BUT also for anyone who aids them.

That is some Handmaid's Tale shit right there.

Abortion-Hunt-ONLINE-COLOR.jpg?d=2040x13

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If you were a woman in a Republican-run US State that has banned basically all abortion, and you then have something go wrong and needed an emergency abortion because you are bleeding out or at risk of that, or at risk of another life-threatening outcome, and you go to the hospital and the doctors REFUSE TO TREAT YOU because they are terrified of being charges with 'murder', you sure as fuck would be impacted.

Same thing if you are a 12 yo girl and are pregnant due to your step father or uncle, etc raping you.

Pro tip: those very things are happening to women and girls NOW.

If you are lower class, working poor, and cannot afford to take a trip, potentially hundreds of miles away, to the nearest clinic in another state, you may well be fucked.

Beyond that, some of the Republican-run States are attempting to make it a felony crime to simply travel out of state for an abortion, and not just for the woman or girl who gets one, BUT also for anyone who aids them.

That is some Handmaid's Tale shit right there.

Abortion-Hunt-ONLINE-COLOR.jpg?d=2040x13

Sure. There are bad sides to each party. And like I said - if it impacts your ability to live or freedoms, then yes - its a big deal. 

1 minute ago, Thor said:

Sure. There are bad sides to each party. And like I said - if it impacts your ability to live or freedoms, then yes - its a big deal. 

The Democratic Party is far, far from perfect, but if you weighed it versus the Trumpian-seized Republican party of 2024 on the scales of democracy and actual freedom (the fundamental human right to self-autonomy, to not fall under the whip hand of christofascist control across vast swathes of people's lives), the Republican side of the scales would be launched into the exosphere, perhaps further.

5 hours ago, cosmicway said:

So your theory is the assassin wanted Desantis for president.

Just to provide a quick "why",
instead of coming up with convoluted ways for how the moneys can buy control, simply look for the myriad of totally legal ways in which that already happens. What is not yet legal can be made legal and it's really not that hard, or obscure.

A good old read on the subject, and still very much relevant given how the US congress operates (lobbies and spec interests), is "Republic, Lost: How Money Corrupts Congress" by Lessig (the convention candidate). And with just enough wealth, you have access to a supreme court judge: read on Clarence Thomas esp articles from politico on his lifestyle paid by his billionaire "friend." Citizen United ruling was yet another "aberration" gifted by our "wonderful" Supreme Court.

Edited by robsblubot

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

The Democratic Party is far, far from perfect, but if you weighed it versus the Trumpian-seized Republican party of 2024 on the scales of democracy and actual freedom (the fundamental human right to self-autonomy, to not fall under the whip hand of christofascist control across vast swathes of people's lives), the Republican side of the scales would be launched into the exosphere, perhaps further.

I mostly agree with you, and would fully agree with you maybe a decade or two ago. There are a lot of anti-science coming from the left nowadays; no, not nearly as much as it does from the right, but still more than before.

Personally, I think Jan 6th is really all one needs to know about Donald Trump to make it a no-brainer. When someone claims Trump is a threat to democracy, that should be exhibit A, B, C, and D.