Captain, Leader... Let-down?

Wxgba

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firmly behind JT. Sometimes you come across people who need chaos in their lives, it spurs them on in a way. Keeps them on their toes. I think JT falls into that mindset. The chaos is an occasional flaw in his character.

There's little doubt that he let the side down on Tuesday but he has more than made up for it in the past,

Quite surprised with the reaction to the article, in fairness. The purpose of the article was to highlight our fighting spirit, not John Terry's moment of madness. Within the article, I rarely mention the Terry incident - not to the magnitude you'd expect given the title of the piece, anyway. I only opted for the title as it would receive interest, as is the case with the majority of articles posted across the web.

Although I was in a state of disbelief at JT's actions in the aftermath of the game, our resilience and fight are the points that should be highlighted by the media. Unfortunately, our "anti-football" tactics and Terry's dismissal are things that have spent time in the limelight.

John Terry is a living legend, and it's very rare that we, as fans, can criticise him. I will never deny him of gratification for his commitment and devotion to the club, but the mistake he made could have been costly. I know speaking retrospectively doesn't change or affect anything now, but I'm sure you'd not be quite as public showing your support for our captain had his sending off sent us embarrassingly out of the competition.

A very silly thought this but is it possible that he got himself sent off because of the pain from his broken ribs? He has had to played a lot of games recently every 3-4 days without any break.

with thinking like that you should write for The Sun or Mirror