Chelsea Boss: This Team Is Better Now Than Under Mourinho!

the wes

Avram Grant believes that Chelsea have progressed since he took over from Jose Mourinho early in the season.

"This season the team weren't playing so well, and after a traumatic night against Rosenborg at home, I replaced Jose. My first priority was to build a staff to get the best from the players, which is what I did (principally by recruiting the Dutch coach, Henk ten Cate, from Ajax)," he told the Sunday Times.

"I kept the good things, but changed the staff and the training, and we are moving forward. Almost all the players are better than they were and I am proud because it shows we're working correctly."

Asked if Chelsea has improved since Mourinho's departure, Grant said: "You always try to compare with the past.

"I don't like to, but there are a few things we are doing that are different."

Such as?

"We try to pass the ball more than to play long balls. I believe you need to play at a quick tempo, and sometimes that means a long ball, but I see it as the alternative solution. I prefer to build from the back."

http://talkingsoccer.blogspot.com/2008/02/...better-now.html

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic