Give our Reserves a chance.

BleedsBlue

Many Chelsea fans feel that we need world class signings such as Modric,Hulk etc so that we can be the team we used to be.What we forget is that we have a lot of talented reserve players who can help us achieve the glory we are after.Players like Bertnard,McEacherean,Piazon and Huttchinson all deserve to play more for the first team and can be as good as any world class signing.

Its time we give them our youngsters a chance and make them feel more important and valuable to our team.Don't want all theses players to end up at Hamburg :P

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but we can't afford to take risks by playing them right now. They should subtly immerse themselves into the team, but I don't see that happening until the preseason starts in the summer.

We haven't had a commanding lead against any 'mediocre' teams lately as we win only by 1 goal margin.This could be the reason why the likes of Bertnard and Piazon rarely get a chance.I strongly advise AVB to rest Cole by giving some match time to Bertnard.Surely this can happen.

I agree, but we can't afford to take risks by playing them right now. They should subtly immerse themselves into the team, but I don't see that happening until the preseason starts in the summer.

Why is it perceived to be a risk to play youngsters? It was not really a risk to play Romeu, but because he came from Barca he is perceived to be ready, when in reality Bertrand has far more experience than him in a league of better quality to that of the league Bara B play in. You cannot subtly immerse players into a team without playing them, we just do not give players a chance, AT ALL. Just look at Gokhan Tore now, Jacapo Sala is playing now too and scoring against Bayern Munich, Miroslav Stoch also doing very well (and this is a player who shined when he did get a chance) but still deemed not good enough. All 3 wingers but were perceived to not be good enough to get ahead of the likes of our top performing stars like Florent Malouda and Saloman Kalou.

People seem to assume that because they play in the reserves they can't pass a ball. They have obviously been scouted for us because they are very talented players but because Romeu came from Barcelona he is automatically so much better than McEachran who has only played a few times for Chelsea.

If our senior and supposedly 'world class' players could do a job in the Champions League and win the group with a game to spare we could have played our kids like Barcelona did against BATE on matchday 6. Of course our players are not from La Masia where they receive the best coaching in the world but this was Barcelona's team against BATE Borisov on 6 December:

Pinto

Martin Montoya

Marc Batra

Andreu Fontas

Maxwell

Jonathan Dos Santos

Thiago Alcantara

Rafinha

Sergi Roberto

Isaac Cuenca

Pedro

Final score: Barcelona 4-0 BATE

Why could we not play our youngsters against Valencia? Our senior players are not good enough. If they had been given a chance to play then what would the youngsters have to lose?

People seem to assume that because they play in the reserves they can't pass a ball. They have obviously been scouted for us because they are very talented players but because Romeu came from Barcelona he is automatically so much better than McEachran who has only played a few times for Chelsea.

If our senior and supposedly 'world class' players could do a job in the Champions League and win the group with a game to spare we could have played our kids like Barcelona did against BATE on matchday 6. Of course our players are not from La Masia where they receive the best coaching in the world but this was Barcelona's team against BATE Borisov on 6 December:

Pinto

Martin Montoya

Marc Batra

Andreu Fontas

Maxwell

Jonathan Dos Santos

Thiago Alcantara

Rafinha

Sergi Roberto

Isaac Cuenca

Pedro

Final score: Barcelona 4-0 BATE

Why could we not play our youngsters against Valencia? Our senior players are not good enough. If they had been given a chance to play then what would the youngsters have to lose?

imo most coaches are afraid that youngster will make mistakes that can cost the game.

Btw Barcelona youngster talent is just ridiculous, I saw tello against osasuna today, in 1-2 years he can become regular at barca

• 1 month later...

Chelsea play Leicester on Sunday and then play a crucial game against City the next day.The fixture list is quite strange indeed bit this is a great chance for the youngsters to get some game time.If RDM decides to play 4 3 3 against Leicester then I want the following to start-

Turnbull

Hutchinson

Chalobah

Luiz

Bertrnad

Mikel

Romeu

Raul

Kalou

Lukaku

Piazon

Chelsea play Leicester on Sunday and then play a crucial game against City the next day.The fixture list is quite strange indeed bit this is a great chance for the youngsters to get some game time.If RDM decides to play 4 3 3 against Leicester then I want the following to start-

Turnbull

Hutchinson

Chalobah

Luiz

Bertrnad

Mikel

Romeu

Raul

Kalou

Lukaku

Piazon

Seriously? FA Cup is the only realistic thing we can win this season, we're in the Quarter-Finals, no way should we play so many youngsters, you should play your best team in every game, unless it's a dead rubber, or players need a rest.

Seriously? FA Cup is the only realistic thing we can win this season, we're in the Quarter-Finals, no way should we play so many youngsters, you should play your best team in every game, unless it's a dead rubber, or players need a rest.

correct ,,,think the previous poster must have a death wish

Okay maybe starting Chalobah and Hutchinson would be risky but surely the others I've mentioned will be of some kind of threat.

We play Man City on Wednesday 21st March.

Okay I swear I remembered checking that the City game was on Monday.Well then since its on Wednesday,it will be wiser to start regular players than these reserves although I hope RDM starts Bertrand so that Cole can get some rest.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You