Michel Vorm

LDN Blue

United and Chelsea eye Vorm

Swansea director John van Zweden has revealed that four Premier League clubs, including Manchester United and Chelsea, have made enquiries for Michel Vorm.

The Dutch international goalkeeper has emerged as a real star this season and has been one of the best shot-stoppers in England.

Vorm's performances have seen him linked to other clubs, and now van Zweden - who is a director and co-owner of the club - has confirmed that United, Chelsea, Tottenham and Newcastle have all made approaches.

"Clubs have enquired about Vorm," he told VI Radio.

"Manchester United have asked, in addition Chelsea and for that matter Newcastle United. Tottenham Hotspur have cautiously announced they are interested.

"It would be a nightmare for us if he left."

Swansea signed Vorm for just over £1million last summer from FC Utrecht and the Dutch club admit they would be happy to see him move on as they have a sell-on clause.

"I'm not mentioning sums, but it is more than training costs," Utrecht technical director Foeke Booy confirmed.

http://www1.skysport...helsea-eye-Vorm

Surprised by this..

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's Prepared to be a back up (Heavily doubt it) than we should sell Hilario and buy Vorm. It would be a good signing, he'd be a very good Alternative to Cech and Cech would have to lift his game knowing he has competition. I was gonna say this rumour was bullshit but it's on Sky Sports so it's True

I always thought Vorm was a bit overrated. He's very short for a keeper and yet commits too much in air-ball situations. Not that I don't think he'll make a good backup for Cech, but he should probably stay at Swansea and help them stay up. We could probably benefit if they'd stayed up for seasons to come with Brendan Rodgers being their manager and whatnot.

I don't think he's going to Chelsea or ManU. He'd never want to sit on the bench, and all of the top 7 clubs are pretty solid in terms of their starting keeper. The exception being ManU, but there's no way they'll buy Vorm just to have a 3-way battle for the starting role - it would just be silly, and expensive. And once you get past those clubs, unless he want's to move to Stoke or Norwich, he'd have to move down the table.

Either Brad Friedel or Tim Krul have been the league's outstanding goalkeeper. The usually-sound suspects of Cech and Reina have been quite poor at times. An honourable mention must go to Hart who is easily the most consistent.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You