Ballack: I Can Play With Lampard

Steve

Michael Ballack believes that he and Frank Lampard can work together in the Chelsea midfield after they played together for the first this season against Liverpool on Sunday.

The German international thinks that the duo can click and prove the doubters wrong by helping the club be successful.

Many pundits had said that their attacking styles were too similar to work together, but Ballack insists that the pair are good enough to be able to compliment each other.

"Frank is a very good player and we need him," he said.

"He has scored a lot of goals and it is not about him, me or anyone else in midfield. I have no problems playing with anybody and it is better to have a good player by your side than a bad one.

"I think we can put all the doubts to bed. We have played a lot of games together and it is not a problem."

Source: Goal

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Questioning Lampard ?

:o

Its a tough one really tbh. Ballack has looked very impressive since he returned and has had as much an impact on games as Lampard has had in the past. I know Lampard has had a hell of a long time to show his worth to the side, but is it time he moved on?

Or do we go through another Lampard/Gerrard thing only this time Ballack is in the equation.

They looked like they could play together toward the end of last season before Ballack got injured, somaybe were jumping the gun a little here. Lampard had only returned from injury and apparently looked way off the pace.

Questioning Lampard ?

:o

Its a tough one really tbh. Ballack has looked very impressive since he returned and has had as much an impact on games as Lampard has had in the past. I know Lampard has had a hell of a long time to show his worth to the side, but is it time he moved on?

Or do we go through another Lampard/Gerrard thing only this time Ballack is in the equation.

They looked like they could play together toward the end of last season before Ballack got injured, somaybe were jumping the gun a little here. Lampard had only returned from injury and apparently looked way off the pace.

I would rather keep a 29 year old Lampard who has 3-4 years more to go than a 31 year old Ballack who has another 2 years to go.

Btw....next year....one of Ballack, Essien and Lampard is sure to leave. And I get a feeling that its going to be Lampard.

I would rather keep a 29 year old Lampard who has 3-4 years more to go than a 31 year old Ballack who has another 2 years to go.

Btw....next year....one of Ballack, Essien and Lampard is sure to leave. And I get a feeling that its going to be Lampard.

i read a report a few weeks back and lamps said he wanted to stay and finish his career at Chelsea.

having said that i've just read on BBC and ITV text that juventus are going to pur in a bid for him end of season.

also just read drogba has finally stated he wants to leave at the end of season for Barca.

and now bridgey has said if he don't start the CC final he wants a transfer.

what the fucking hell is going on lately?

regards:JBD

i read a report a few weeks back and lamps said he wanted to stay and finish his career at Chelsea.

having said that i've just read on BBC and ITV text that juventus are going to pur in a bid for him end of season.

also just read drogba has finally stated he wants to leave at the end of season for Barca.

Maybe the honeymoon/trial period for the 'manager' is over and realisation is finally dawning on the players?

I for one think that the face of the whole squad will change next season, to suit the so called "Free Flowing Football" style of Grant. May be we will see more of dribblers and fleet footed players like, Iniesta, Robben, Messi, Van Der Fart, Ronaldinho, etc and get rid of couple of more compact and efficient Midfielders we have. It is not a surprise cus a coach, will buy players to suit his style. Jose Built his team as an efficient Side with Physical players like Essien, Drogba, Mikel, etc....So the Bottam line here is that WE ARE IN FOR A SQUAD OVERHAUL!!!

Edited by warnie_666