Biding our time

Tomo

Slowly but surely we are catching up with the Manc clubs on goal difference.

In August no body was giving us a hope in hell of catching either two but everyone just seemed to assume they would play like that all season and as past season's show (Chelsea last season and Arsenal 04/05 prime examples) that starting like a house on fire can often do more harm than good. You start the season thinking you're invincible then a couple of setbacks you come crashing down to earth with a massive bump.

Since the United game we have been slowly but surely going about our buisness of catching those two with points and goal difference. With the Manchester derby coming up and it without doubt going to be a tight encounter with one goal in it probally. QPRse represents as good a chance as any to boost our GD, lets hope we can take advantage of the top 2 going head to head and there is the small matter of shutting those fuckers up at the same time.

The difference AVB has made is their for all to see, last season we would have drew or lost yesterday. We are starting to pass the ball quicker and look unpredictable in our play, the stuff of dreams compared to what we were served up last term from October onwards.

January would be vital, if we can get a couple of players in (Modric type player and a pure winger) if we are going to seriously go for this title we would probally be approaching our peak about that time and two big signing's will make the country sit up and take notice. Our big advantage over City is our manager's, Mancini will cost City points a lot more than AVB will cost us.

I don't want to speak too soon but the way we are slowly picking up steam holds reminense to a certain 04/05 season.

KTBFFH

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are coming into our own . Our defense is a concern due to the lack of clean sheets but our attacking is superb . Really think Drogs doesnt warrant a new contract based on yesterdays showing unless the Malaria has kicked in again .

I still dont think Utd are all that tbh . We owned them at Old Trafford and I still cant believe we didnt win that game. As for City , they are still new to each other and it will be interesting to see how they cope when a few results dont go their way .

I think we are coming into our own . Our defense is a concern due to the lack of clean sheets but our attacking is superb . Really think Drogs doesnt warrant a new contract based on yesterdays showing unless the Malaria has kicked in again .

I still dont think Utd are all that tbh . We owned them at Old Trafford and I still cant believe we didnt win that game. As for City , they are still new to each other and it will be interesting to see how they cope when a few results dont go their way .

TBH the clean sheets or lack off don't worry me for 2 reason's.

1. We are scoring enough goals to counter them.

2. We have always had runs like this every season where we don't keep clean sheets, even under Jose we use to have a run of about 1-2 months off very few if any clean sheets.

Better doing things this way...had we started so well soon as we hit a bad patch then wouldnt hear the end of the AVB out crap...Chelsea crap by the press and all.All eyes are on the two Manchester clubs really and now we're creeping up behind them still no major attention on us so dont have to hear random crap and all it takes is a few dodgy results from those two and bam there we are

I think we will get a real taste of title challenge and how strong our competition are in the christmas-new year period (december-january). That's usually the hardest time to play and the season will have gone on long enough to see how far squads can be stretched, fatigue kicks in and no doubt some more injuries and setbacks for the teams. It's important to start growing momentum in autumn to go all guns blazing during the new year's period, that's the way I see it. And if we do well enough during that time, then we can be in a more comfortable position during late spring when every point counts and every league game is like a cup final.

just one thing that stood out for me yesterday.................3 shots 3 goals...........just like utd had against us in their game...but they created alot more 2nd half...maybe that was because we had to push on more.....................................really glad to see chances put away early and force the opposition into coming out against us, makes the game alot easier.............................only seen the 1st hour--------how did oriel play?