Dries Mertens

Atholy

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Bild Schalke is interested but atm he's still to expensive.

Mertens himself allready said he's happy at PSV, he allready rejected an offer from Fenerbahce.

Fenerbahce wouldn't be an improvement to PSV either. If there's a serious offer from a top league, he might think about it.

Sorry, but what he did was aggressive and disgusting. It was a FRIENDLY match and Gary missed the Euro 2012 because of him.

No probs .... It was mostly very very dumb .... Going both feet forward with an ntenrion to break a leg, that would be disgusting.

Mertens always goes full out - especially because he wants a spot in the team with notables such as Hazard, KDB, Dembele, Fellaini, .... as your competition.

So so dumb ....

• 2 weeks later...

I think Rafa is looking to replicate the sort of set-up he used at Liverpool, but I could be completely off.

Although quite different players, I get the feeling he wants to use Mertens in a work-horse Kuyt role (although Mertens is probably more talented). There's also rumours he wants to sign Mascherano and slot him into midfield.

Hopefully Mertens succeeds there. Only thing with a question mark about this however is the fact that Mertens has typically performed very well vs. the 'smaller' teams but often gone missing vs. the likes of Ajax and even Vitesse.

It looks like a done deal, he will sign next week for four years..

Great move for him, now he probably has a bigger chance to get in the national team playing for a bigger club..

hes already in the national team. besides at Napoli he might end up on the bench which kills his chances at the NT

hes already in the national team. besides at Napoli he might end up on the bench which kills his chances at the NT

I mean as a starter, he clearly isn't when KDB, Chadli and Hazard are available..

• 1 year later...

I know most on here consider Vertonghen as a spud c*nt, Mertens I believe is seen as a good player (also because of his excellent WC!).

But I think everyone should admit that this is a great video! Proving our belgian 'star players' are still just 'one of the guys'!

Wish more football players would be a little more down to earth, just like these guys... Crowdsurfing on Tomorrowland!

#RESPECT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9sGobGkpjI#t=137

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You